How did the Best Buy even Demo go?

#11Gulma1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 6:39:15 PM
Now I really wish I went. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait to get the games to play em.

Seems like it went good you guys think they will do more of this kind of stuff?
---
Xbox WON!
#12DBPanterAPosted 7/10/2013 6:59:23 PM
Gulma1 posted...
Now I really wish I went. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait to get the games to play em.

Nintendo currently has their Nintendo Wii U Summer Tour in Minnapolis and Chicago where you can play Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. It then moves to Boston and Hollywood, CA later in the month.

I would assume they will continue to do this because it draws more people into retail stores and they buy things, so it is win-win for both Nintendo and the retailer in which they partner with. However, I would expect the same types of problems because it is the Nintendo reps running the events. There usually is only 1 or 2 Nintendo reps for each major metropolitan area and they have to travel. My local rep puts 3,000 miles on her car per month. If you live in an area not near a major city, they will not come to bumblebutt. The key is to reach as many consumers as possible, so it will continue to be in large areas.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#13Numbuh100Posted 7/10/2013 9:34:38 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Passed by the nintendo store in time square & saw nothing... really smart for them to not have it available in the most crowded area of NYC.... really smart nintendo...

That's the Playstation store, yo. The Nintendo World Store is that way ->
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#14Numbuh100Posted 7/10/2013 9:35:17 PM
DBPanterA posted...
Gulma1 posted...

Nintendo currently has their Nintendo Wii U Summer Tour in Minnapolis and Chicago where you can play Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101. It then moves to Boston and Hollywood, CA later in the month.

I would assume they will continue to do this because it draws more people into retail stores and they buy things, so it is win-win for both Nintendo and the retailer in which they partner with. However, I would expect the same types of problems because it is the Nintendo reps running the events. There usually is only 1 or 2 Nintendo reps for each major metropolitan area and they have to travel. My local rep puts 3,000 miles on her car per month. If you live in an area not near a major city, they will not come to bumblebutt. The key is to reach as many consumers as possible, so it will continue to be in large areas.

Source?
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#15FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/10/2013 9:37:53 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
DBPanterA posted...
Gulma1 posted...

Source?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events/tour
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#16TheIastspartanPosted 7/10/2013 9:40:43 PM
Got there right when the dude was packing up, on the last day of the event.

Fortunately, he was nice enough to let me play. Got about 5 minutes of MK8 and 10 minutes of SM3DW in. Didn't have to wait a single minute.
#17DBPanterAPosted 7/10/2013 11:53:55 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
DBPanterA posted...
Gulma1 posted...

Source?

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events/tour

Thanks man. Yeah, it is at Navy Pier in Chicago and Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. I am do not know the locations in Boston or Hollywood, as I played the games at one of the current locations.

I also understand people will get angry that is not coming to their area (it was at Disney World in Orlando earlier). However, when promoting something like this, I will actually say Nintendo is doing the right thing in going to areas where there is a lot of people on a daily basis as well as people vacationing to get them to actually see and play the console.

The only thing I got that someone in Boise, ID does not is the fact I have played the games and know where my $$$ will be spent based on the demos. I will not disparage any game, as I truthfully thought they all played well and were all fun (even the franchises I do not touch), which is the two most important components of any game when you spend $60. However, I do not have limitless funds, and have chosen which games to buy, which ones to skip, and which ones to rent.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036