How long until Nintendo releases a console equal to PS4 and XB1?

#1AstralFrostPosted 7/10/2013 8:21:19 PM
Do you want Nintendo to release a more powerful home console? - Results (162 votes)
Yes, ASAP
8.64% (14 votes)
Yes but not for a good 2-3 years
4.32% (7 votes)
Yes but not until next generation in 5-6+ years
38.89% (63 votes)
No, I'm happy with the Wii U as is
20.37% (33 votes)
No, I don't care about console specs
20.37% (33 votes)
No, I don't care about Wii U
7.41% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We all know the Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 and XB1, there's no denying that. What I'm interested in is when Nintendo will ever catch up? Can we expect them to skip the PS4 and XB1 level of consoles and make their next console equal to PS5 and XB2 or will their next console be on the same level as PS4 and XB1? Will they release a console slightly more powerful than PS4 and XB1 halfway through the generation? What does everyone think?

Also, what does everyone want to happen? Do people want them to come up with something better or are the Wii U fans happy with the console as it is? More importantly, would you buy a more powerful console if they released one?
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#2anon_firePosted 7/10/2013 8:23:56 PM
Console specs don't matter to me, so the answer is "No".
#3Tsutarja495Posted 7/10/2013 8:27:04 PM
When the PS5 and Xbox whatever are about to come out, Nintendo will make a system equal to the PS4 and Xbox One. It will have a new gimmick of course. Nintendo won't give up that easily, they will try to replicate the Wii's success.

As to what I would buy, I buy all Nintendo consoles, so I would buy whatever you suggested if they did that.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#4GoombaXPosted 7/10/2013 8:29:06 PM
the topic title and the OP don't match up at all.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 7/10/2013 8:34:10 PM
AstralFrost posted...
What I'm interested in is when Nintendo will ever catch up?

Thats what people don't understand, they arn't playing catch up. Each console has a vision for the future and each one is going for it. Except Xbone, I know the DRM was a pain but all that cloud stuff could have led to something greater. Then they dropped it and now Xbone is just a bad more expensive PS4.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 8:36:28 PM(edited)
GoombaX posted...

"How long until Nintendo releases a console equal to PS4 and XB1?"

We all know the Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 and XB1, there's no denying that. What I'm interested in is when Nintendo will ever catch up? Can we expect them to skip the PS4 and XB1 level of consoles and make their next console equal to PS5 and XB2 or will their next console be on the same level as PS4 and XB1? Will they release a console slightly more powerful than PS4 and XB1 halfway through the generation? What does everyone think?

Yep, doesn't match.

The topic was what people think would happen, the poll was for what people want to happen. I know all that reading and thinking must have been tough.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#7AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 8:35:37 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Thats what people don't understand, they arn't playing catch up.

If that's the case why did they go HD, or even release Wii U at all?

The answer is because Wii was no longer powerful enough, which proves that they are trying and do need to catch up.
---
#8geneticsftwPosted 7/10/2013 8:42:36 PM
http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-bigwig-hardware-specs-don-t-matter-because-it-s-not-1990--1162653

The following is not from the above link.
Peter Moore
"People will start talking about it being a transitional platform. And I donít think thatís going to be the case, and hereís why," Moore told IndustryGamers. "I think the [tablet] controller [is huge]. This is not about specs anymore... This is about, as it was with the Wii, is the controller a unique way of enjoying a game experience, regardless of what the graphic fidelity is?"
---
Sweet
#9Wiiplayer111Posted 7/10/2013 8:44:38 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

Thats what people don't understand, they arn't playing catch up.

If that's the case why did they go HD, or even release Wii U at all?

The answer is because Wii was no longer powerful enough, which proves that they are trying and do need to catch up.

Maybe you should read more than one sentence of my post before posting questions I've answered.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#10GoombaXPosted 7/10/2013 8:56:37 PM
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...

"How long until Nintendo releases a console equal to PS4 and XB1?"

Yep, doesn't match.

The topic was what people think would happen, the poll was for what people want to happen. I know all that reading and thinking must have been tough.

the poll you ignorant troll.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection