How long until Nintendo releases a console equal to PS4 and XB1?

#11AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 9:02:38 PM
GoombaX posted...
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...
the topic title and the OP don't match up at all.

"How long until Nintendo releases a console equal to PS4 and XB1?"

We all know the Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 and XB1, there's no denying that. What I'm interested in is when Nintendo will ever catch up? Can we expect them to skip the PS4 and XB1 level of consoles and make their next console equal to PS5 and XB2 or will their next console be on the same level as PS4 and XB1? Will they release a console slightly more powerful than PS4 and XB1 halfway through the generation? What does everyone think?

Yep, doesn't match.

The topic was what people think would happen, the poll was for what people want to happen. I know all that reading and thinking must have been tough.

the poll you ignorant troll.

You didn't mention the poll but clarified it for you anyway. I know it was hard because of all the words.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#12GoombaXPosted 7/10/2013 9:21:04 PM
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...

We all know the Wii U isn't as powerful as PS4 and XB1, there's no denying that. What I'm interested in is when Nintendo will ever catch up? Can we expect them to skip the PS4 and XB1 level of consoles and make their next console equal to PS5 and XB2 or will their next console be on the same level as PS4 and XB1? Will they release a console slightly more powerful than PS4 and XB1 halfway through the generation? What does everyone think?

Yep, doesn't match.

The topic was what people think would happen, the poll was for what people want to happen. I know all that reading and thinking must have been tough.

You didn't mention the poll but clarified it for you anyway. I know it was hard because of all the words.

You should save face and close this topic. The poll has nothing to do with the topic title.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#13MasterPokerPosted 7/10/2013 9:27:36 PM
I actually think RAM might be the bottleneck going forward, while 1 GB is certainly workable, many devs won't want to work with it. Processor-wise Wii U will be fine, the CPU limitations may make it difficult to quickly port last-gen titles (that aren't close to optimized for the Wii U in their original form), but that's not really a big deal.

1 GB >>> 64 MB though, that's for sure.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#14NejiHyuga900Posted 7/10/2013 9:30:27 PM
anon_fire posted...
Console specs don't matter to me, so the answer is "No".

This. Since the end of 7th gen, I no longer cared about specs for video game consoles. The only time I care about specs these days are for phones (iOS and Android) and computers.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#15elheberPosted 7/10/2013 9:52:12 PM
I wanted to answer option 3, 4, and 5 simultaneously. They don't necessarily conflict with each other.
---
"Well, if a game is 5 dollars and has no extra content, it probably shouldn't be $60." - ADHDguitar
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#16STN79Posted 7/10/2013 10:01:07 PM
If you're main concern is the most powerful system you're looking for it in the wrong place. You are a terrible gamer if you can't enjoy games on less powerful hardware. That's like somebody saying they refuse to watch movies on DVD because Blu-ray is so much better. You want ultimate power get a high end PC. Besides if Wii U is at least more powerful than PS3 it must be pretty damn good for Nintendo right? If you're not satisfied you'll just have to go multiplat. What kind of self respecting gamer wouldn't anyway?
#17MasterPokerPosted 7/10/2013 10:05:30 PM
STN79 posted...
If you're not satisfied you'll just have to go multiplat. What kind of self respecting gamer wouldn't anyway?

Wish I could, but nobody else is offering to sell me a new console with games I want in the pipeline. I hate the direction Sony has been going post-PS2, and don't get me started on MS. I was desperate enough to even look at Ouya, but they're having production issues and the reviews are less than flattering, especially the controller (I don't have any PS3 controllers around, but apparently they're compatible.)

Gaming is slowly dying a cinematic, AAA, "me-too" death. Pretty soon they'll invent the "movie", a game that plays itself for you and looks as realistic as possible.
---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#18STN79Posted 7/10/2013 10:20:05 PM
Well considering PS4 and Xbox one will take a while to get off the ground you could go multiplat with an already established system. It doesn't have to be two of the newest consoles out there. Just last year i bought a PS3 after never owning one and i'm having a blast with it! There's so many great games to catch up on i hardly notice the Wii U drought. Once i'm caught up there'll be plenty of newer games to play in the future.
#19YamiYugi4400Posted 7/10/2013 11:34:23 PM
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...
AstralFrost posted...
GoombaX posted...

Yep, doesn't match.

Yeah, Goomby likes to pick fights with everyone for no reason. He's kind of a one trick fanboy pony.
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#20JackalPosted 7/11/2013 1:52:30 AM
I think it will be announced in 2015.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz