Same thing happened with the 3DS? Really?

#1RetrowirePosted 7/11/2013 1:42:11 AM
Everyone needs to drop that idea.

I love my Wii U and wish it all the best but listen...

The 3DS had NO competition when it was released and to this day, still doesn't really have any competition. A price drop helped, but the fact that the PS Vita doesn't really have much to show for itself also helped a ton. The 3DS is the best portable console on the market today because it's the only other one aside from the PS Vita which isn't that great.

The Wii U will have competition in the form of the Xbox One and PS4. Seriously, this is a different battlefield with different warriors.

Sure you can compare the Wii U with the 3DS in sales scenarios, but you can't compare the environments they are selling in.
---
I'm not a Nintendo Fanboy, I'm a Nintendo FANMAN.
#2DeathSnipe777Posted 7/11/2013 1:44:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up, your topic is sure to convince everyone.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#3ilovesmallhorsePosted 7/11/2013 1:45:05 AM
The only reason the 3ds has no competition is because the vita is already dead.
#4Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 1:45:56 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Thanks for the heads up, your topic is sure to convince everyone.

Not the goal here but thanks.
---
#5NeoMonkPosted 7/11/2013 1:47:30 AM
ilovesmallhorse posted...

To be fair it's miles better than the 3DS and it's a technologically amazing piece of equipment... it just has no games... WII U isn't amazing... it's just kinda nice...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#6Retrowire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 1:48:15 AM

That's the point I'm making, the Xbox One would have been dead if those horrible policies of it weren't reversed (I'm still not getting one.) and the PS4 is being hailed as a godsend before it even gets here.
---
#7ilovesmallhorsePosted 7/11/2013 1:49:17 AM
NeoMonk posted...

To be fair it's miles better than the 3DS and it's a technologically amazing piece of equipment... it just has no games... WII U isn't amazing... it's just kinda nice...

Last time I checked, games make a console worth it.
#8AstralFrostPosted 7/11/2013 1:50:28 AM(edited)
3DS sold twice as much in the same time and Wii U has no competition either. Its the only 8th generation console on the market with 100% market share. That means everyone who wants a Wii U with the ability to buy has one since there are no competing consoles to take diminish that market percentage.

Hope I was able to give you some perspective regarding how the Wii U is really selling.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#9ilovesmallhorsePosted 7/11/2013 1:50:46 AM
AstralFrost posted...
3DS sold twice as much in the same time and Wii U has no competition either. Its the only 8th generation console on the market with 100% market share. That means everyone who wants a Wii U with the ability to buy has one since there are no competing consoles to take diminish that market percentage.

Hope I was able to give you some perspective regarding how the Wii U is really selling.

Not true.
#10KingTurtPosted 7/11/2013 1:51:50 AM
Retrowire posted...
still doesn't really have any competition.

You need to drop that idea. Vita is still a handheld and is competing with the 3DS, the 3DS is just destroying it. For all you know, Sony might be really trying with the Vita. (I really doubt it at this point, but who knows)

The 3DS didn't have any competition at launch for a whole year, but it also didn't sell as well as Nintendo hoped.

The WiiU didn't have any competition at launch for a whole year, but it also didn't sell as well as Nintendo hoped.

The 3DS actually started selling when games came out and a price drop arrived at the same time.

The WiiU actually has games coming out now and it's already $100 less than the competition, Nintendo just needs to replace the basic WiiU model and make the Deluxe the standard $300 model instead.

3DS is alive and selling amazingly and has the same third party support as the Vita despite being less powerful.

3DS is also crushing competition despite being, again, less powerful.

3DS also had 3D Mario with Mario Kart following soon after, which skyrocketed sales.

WiiU has 3D Mario launching in December with Mario Kart 8 coming soon after. (Rumours already being of April 2014, only 4 months after).

Face it, you can try to deny it all you want, but the WiiU is THE EXACT SAME situation as the 3DS. You can even look this all up yourself, it was exactly the same time frame and the same everything. Give it time, like the 3DS got time and look at where it is 2 years later.
---
http://www. change.org/petitions /square-enix-bring- kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside -the-ps4-and- xbox-one-3 [Remove any Spaces]