the console with the largest instalbase and games library wins the gen. FACT!!!

#1LugiaMaster45Posted 7/11/2013 9:57:19 AM
Snes had a larger install base than genesis and other competition
PS1 had a lot of 3rd party support and making disc games was easier and cheaper than cartridges thus having the larger library and install base
PS2 same thing even tho it was under powered it had more block buster games ppl were buying it for gta and sports games and rpgs.
Wii had wii sports which drove its install base as well as other party games and local multiplayer games.

gb tho had only 2-3 color games but had tetris as well as other games
gbc pokemon need i say more
gba same as above
ds nsmb, pokemon as well, nintendogs, rpgs
3DS looks to be about the same.

with the Wii U i have my doubts that it will have the same success unless alot of exclusives come from 3rd parties and has better marketing soon to drive its install base the nintendo experience at best buy might help but not enough.

ps4 ps always has good marketing and pushes bundles and timed exclusive content all the time. it doesn't work all the time but only time will tell with its games.

xb1 they CLAIM to be releasing 15 new exclusive ips ... thats great but sadly 3rd parties sell better and the price point is ridiculous in which i doubt there will be alot of adopters in the 1st year.

just my take on it. discuss.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 7/11/2013 10:01:45 AM
Wii had a large install base, but I didn't feel like a winner by owning one. Most of the great games from last generation weren't on the Wii...
---
Sig under construction.
#3vashtrichamPosted 7/11/2013 10:02:53 AM
Wii was very lacking in software sales compared to the other consoles. Just selling alot of console does not equal automatic win
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#4SychinLegacyPosted 7/11/2013 10:03:26 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Wii had a large install base, but I didn't feel like a winner by owning one. Most of the great games from last generation weren't on the Wii...

That's because you're a troll.
#5huckbeinePosted 7/11/2013 10:04:16 AM
Lol no. Piracy wins console wars.

Snes: has super doctor, genesis doesnt.
PS1: cheap way to pirate vs N64's doctor 64.
PS2: Messiah chip, Gamecube was not piratable.
Wii: pirated by week 1, PS3 just got true blue

who gets pirated first this gen will win
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/11/2013 10:05:20 AM
SychinLegacy posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Well I'm glad that you disputed the Wii having good first party titles and not much beyond that with a blind accusation and no facts.
---
Sig under construction.
#7Rasputin77Posted 7/11/2013 10:10:52 AM
"Wins" the gen, lol. Adorable! <3

"Pew! Pew pew! Our console 'beat' your console, tee hee! Pew, pew pew - we win!"
-- http://alturl.com/firxj

^ (I think I even recognize a few of you in there...)

NovaLevossida posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

Well I'm glad that you disputed the Wii having good first party titles and not much beyond that with a blind accusation and no facts.

You've been on a playground before, right? That's how this board works. Kneejerk, reflexive name-calling that a) usually doesn't make sense, and b) is fueled by either adolescence, a lack of love, or both.
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
"Label everyone into groups so the world is easier to understand" - Your parents.
#8SychinLegacyPosted 7/11/2013 10:15:55 AM(edited)
NovaLevossida posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

You haven't posted a neutral post regarding nintendo, let alone a positive one, in your tenure here. Go and read your post history.
#9LugiaMaster45(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 10:14:06 AM
vashtricham posted...
Wii was very lacking in software sales compared to the other consoles. Just selling alot of console does not equal automatic win

so... mario kart selling 30 mil is lacking in software sales? or smash bros 11 mil. sure the 3rd party games didnt sell well besides party games but 3rd parties didnt sell the Wii. the xbox360 had strong software sales but the 3rd parties were better sellers than its 1st parties/exclusives same with ps3.
---
NintendoID: KINGZXGAMBIT87
XBXLIVE GAMTAG: XAVEUSCAESAR WiiU60ers UNITE
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 7/11/2013 10:16:04 AM
The console with the most appealing library is the winner for me.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.