How much has the wiiU improved since launch?

#11stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 11:20:07 AM
Glem3 posted...
The UI was sped up a bit and there will be another big update between September-October, and there's a big 1st party release every month this year starting in August with Pikmin 3, followed by the Wonderful 101 in september, Wind Waker HD in october, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze in september, and Super Mario 3D World in december.

So nothing noteworthy has been released in the last 8 months...

stop3 posted...
Wii U hasn't been out a year. It's closer to half a year than a full year.

Anyhow, no it doesn't have a lot of games and it doesn't have a very active online presence. Unless you count the Miiverse. The MiiVerse is VERY active, and quite unique and cool.

huh 8 months, rounded a little too far lol. Actually bought dragon age origins not too long before the ultimate edition by making that mistake.

Did they at least get some kind of account system working where you can re-download your games on a new system? Or a back-up you can put on a external or something that you can just hook up.

@Blouge at first glance all I see is ps3 games I decided not to buy or already own on that list.

Glem3 posted...
Yes, because the games we know are coming out are actually just clever ruses.

Meh Nintendo has delayed alot of games on the wiiU already, it's not unresonable to be skeptical about release dates, and it's hard to determine quality before a game is out, so there's no telling if those games are even going to be good. (and bad games pretending to be good I would consider a ruse, most notably aliens vs predators marines game)
---
psn: Stalemate666
#12New LinkPosted 7/11/2013 11:37:00 AM
The system itself has improved tenfold with the updates. Since lauch the release schedule has been slow, but not empty. A few post launch games that i really enjoyedhave been Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and Lego City Undercover. I've also playeh through several Virtual Console titles and some eshop games (runner 2, little inferno, and a few more)

Beginning next month though, the release cycle is picking up until at least the end of the year. Pikmin, TW101, Donkey Kong, Rayman, Watch Dogs, Batman, Assasins Creed, Splinter Cell, Wind Waker, Mario, and quite a few more.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#13stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 11:39:28 AM
New Link posted...
The system itself has improved tenfold with the updates. Since lauch the release schedule has been slow, but not empty. A few post launch games that i really enjoyedhave been Need for Speed Most Wanted U, Injustice: Gods Among Us, and Lego City Undercover. I've also playeh through several Virtual Console titles and some eshop games (runner 2, little inferno, and a few more)

Beginning next month though, the release cycle is picking up until at least the end of the year. Pikmin, TW101, Donkey Kong, Rayman, Watch Dogs, Batman, Assasins Creed, Splinter Cell, Wind Waker, Mario, and quite a few more.

tenfold still isn't anywhere near ps3/360 OS/feature set though, wiiU was horrible at launch for stuff like that. Also how many times do I have to mention I'm not interested in ps3/360 ports on wiiU, I don't see how anyone would be. So lego city is the only noteworthy release since launch.
---
#14Rasputin77Posted 7/11/2013 11:46:28 AM
JusticeSword posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
Not much. But it'll start to pick up next month.

The eternal mantra of the WiiU hopefuls.

Haha. :) Sad, but true. And I am including myself in that group.
---
7/11/13: I just got modded for flaming a hypothetical character I made up in my head.
XD -- This site has officially reached new heights.
#15lanmannaPosted 7/11/2013 11:48:02 AM
Pikmin, TW101, Wind Waker, Mario Kart, and DK are the only games I care about.
#16New LinkPosted 7/11/2013 11:53:08 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
New Link posted...

tenfold still isn't anywhere near ps3/360 OS/feature set though, wiiU was horrible at launch for stuff like that. Also how many times do I have to mention I'm not interested in ps3/360 ports on wiiU, I don't see how anyone would be. So lego city is the only noteworthy release since launch.

Well.. it appears that you've only made this topic to be contrarian and I won't drop to that mentality so it appears we've reached a stalemate. Good day.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#17Glem3Posted 7/11/2013 11:57:05 AM
So nothing noteworthy has been released in the last 8 months...

What, since launch? Game and Wario, DLC sequel to NSMBU [New Super Luigi U], Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, those are the most noteworthy outside of launch titles.

Meh Nintendo has delayed alot of games on the wiiU already, it's not unresonable to be skeptical about release dates, and it's hard to determine quality before a game is out, so there's no telling if those games are even going to be good. (and bad games pretending to be good I would consider a ruse, most notably aliens vs predators marines game)

The games are done. There's nothing to be delayed. Secondly, considering the games are made by Miyamoto, the galaxy team, retro, and Platinum games, I think there's a pretty good chance they'll all be very good games. In fact Pikmin 3 has already gotten a review by Famitsu, 37/40, the same score as Super Mario Galaxy 2.
#18Companion_Cube_Posted 7/11/2013 12:00:26 PM
Blouge posted...
trenken posted...
Um, I think like 4 games came out. Lulz

You couldn't be more misinformed. Here are some of the games (from http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wii-u?view=condensed&sort=desc)

Mass Effect 3: Special Edition Metascore: 87 User: 6.8 Kinect Compatible Release Date: Nov 13, 2012

Need for Speed: Most Wanted U Metascore: 86 User: 7.6 Kinect Compatible Release Date: Mar 19, 2013

Assassin's Creed III Metascore: 85 User: 7.1 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012 NBA 2K13 Metascore: 85 User: 8.6 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition Metascore: 85 User: 8.2 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Darksiders II Metascore: 85 User: 8.5 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012 Mutant Mudds Deluxe Metascore: 85 User: 7.4 Release Date: Jun 13, 2013

Trine 2: Director's Cut Metascore: 84 User: 8.3 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Bit.Trip Presents...Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Metascore: 84 User: 8.0 Release Date: Feb 26, 2013

New Super Mario Bros. U Metascore: 84 User: 8.1 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition Metascore: 83 User: 7.5 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Metascore: 82 User: 8.3 Release Date: Mar 19, 2013

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Metascore: 81 User: 6.1 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Injustice: Gods Among Us Metascore: 81 User: 7.8 Release Date: Apr 16, 2013

Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition Metascore: 80 User: 7.5 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Skylanders Giants Metascore: 80 User: 8.3 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

LEGO City Undercover Metascore: 80 User: 8.2 Release Date: Mar 18, 2013

Resident Evil: Revelations Metascore: 80 User: 7.4 Release Date: May 21, 2013

Little Inferno Metascore: 79 User: 7.7 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Metascore: 78 User: 8.1 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Nintendo Land Metascore: 77 User: 7.9 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Metascore: 77 User: 7.1 Release Date: May 21, 2013

ZombiU Metascore: 77 User: 7.5 Release Date: Nov 18, 2012

Toki Tori 2 Metascore: 77 User: 8.6 Release Date: Apr 4, 2013

New Super Luigi U Metascore: 76 User: 7.8 Release Date: Jun 20, 2013

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 Metascore: 76 User: tbd Release Date: Nov 18,

Madden NFL 13 Metascore: 75 User: 6.1 Release Date: Nov 13, 2012

Fixed.
#19Companion_Cube_Posted 7/11/2013 12:06:04 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
New Link posted...

The two notable releases are Lego City and Monster Hunter. New Super Luigi U can also be considered one, but the retail release is not for another month.

As for the future, Wind Waker HD, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3 have all been receiving amazing press. And reviews and recent previews for Pikmin 3 have been overwhelmingly positive.

There are also other third party exclusives and upcoming multiplatform releases coming to the system like Assassin's Creed 4, Disney's Planes, Batman Arkham Origins, Scribblenauts DC Universe, Watch Dogs, and Rayman Legends.

A lot of indie devs are bringing their games to the system as well.
#20stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 1:17:16 PM
Glem3 posted...
What, since launch? Game and Wario, DLC sequel to NSMBU [New Super Luigi U], Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need for Speed Most Wanted U, those are the most noteworthy outside of launch titles.

The games are done. There's nothing to be delayed. Secondly, considering the games are made by Miyamoto, the galaxy team, retro, and Platinum games, I think there's a pretty good chance they'll all be very good games. In fact Pikmin 3 has already gotten a review by Famitsu, 37/40, the same score as Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I looked into those games and Lego city and monster hunter are the only notable ones and monster hunter is basically a wii HD port with an expansion pack...

If the games are done why aren't they out or at least have demos out? Also relying on dev team previous quality for new releases isn't a good idea.
---