What if Wonderful 101 is horrible.

#31picanoPosted 7/11/2013 1:54:49 PM
We'd have to rename it: Horrible Hundred-One

That said... it looks great, so I doubt it will be bad. And really, if it is... I'm not giving up on either Platinum or Nintendo. I've enjoyed my Wii U so far --- one bad experience isn't gonna stop me.
#32gecko_man2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 2:01:11 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
gecko_man2 posted...
Companion_Cube_ posted...
trenken posted...
It looks like something that would be on the DS to me. The gameplay doesnt look very interesting to me. Aside from the fact ive now ready 3 previews that say the game is 5 hours long. Already have it in my gamefly queue. Im not spending $60 on something Ill beat over a weekend.

I dont know what Platinums problem is. I bought MGR (huge mistake), beat it in 4.5 hours. Weak.

It's called Replay value.

I'd much rather have a game 5 hoyurs long that I will beat 5 times instead of a game 10 hours long I will only beat 1-2 times

Smells like an excuse.

Keep in mind i dont think the game will be bad, but this sounds like you're trying to justify something.

You know pretty much nothing about Wonderful 101. You certainly haven't played it. But you keep posting what-ifs and maybes as if they aren't bald-faced speculation. So what are *you* trying to justify?

Not a thing my friend. A lot of people seem to think this game is going to save the WiiU though, and i kind of doubt that.
---
The Last of Us board made me lose my faith in humanity :(
#33MotiJrPosted 7/11/2013 2:07:14 PM
IF it is bad, then there is still Pikmin 3, Watchdogs, Mario 3D World and WW HD.
Why would I give up on the system based on one game? Nice try TC but no dice.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#34jrb363Posted 7/11/2013 2:10:23 PM
I don't have a Wii U yet. Like most around here I'm waiting for a stronger lineup of games and/or a price cut to make the decision easier. IF TW101 is bad (or Pikmin 3) the Wii U will have a long and hard Christmas.
---
I fundamentally believe that the initial market that we need to make sure we appeal to with any new platform... is really the gaming audience. - Kaz Hirai
#35uberking422Posted 7/11/2013 2:17:33 PM
trenken posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
That would be like asking "What if GTA V is horrible?". Not happening.

Proven franchise. Proven quality. Horrible comparison.

You're right. GTA being horrible is pretty much a given.
#36DBPanterAPosted 7/11/2013 7:21:05 PM
gecko_man2 posted...
It seems like a lot of people here are hanging their hopes and dreams on Wonderful 101 being good. What will you do if its bad? Will you finally give up on the WiiU like so many developers have?

It isn't horrible. I played it. Read my review on the games forum.

I do not guarantee sales as I think it is a niche game. However, after playing all the Nintendo Published games coming in 2013 (Pikmin, W101, Zelda, DK, Mario), if I only had $60 this is the game that I feel is worth the money as it best utilizes the gamepad, and from my experience will offer the greatest replay value.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#37gecko_man2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2013 8:36:50 PM
MotiJr posted...
IF it is bad, then there is still Pikmin 3, Watchdogs, Mario 3D World and WW HD.
Why would I give up on the system based on one game? Nice try TC but no dice.

I never said i want you to give up on the system, if you like it more power to you. Im just commenting on the state of things.
---
The Last of Us board made me lose my faith in humanity :(