Anyone else waiting for Megaman X2 and X3 on WiiU VC?

#31snae99Posted 7/12/2013 5:06:35 PM
I really hope so. I have the X collection but I can't stand playing X3 on there because they used the PS music+sounds instead of the SNES music + sounds. I know it sounds odd, but I can't play the game without the superior SNES soundtrack.
---
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins and Peace Walker
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#32DTY3Posted 7/12/2013 5:19:58 PM
The SNES soundtrack was awful, dude. At least the PS soundtrack used moe than one instrument.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#33snae99Posted 7/12/2013 5:32:21 PM
Absolutely not.
---
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins and Peace Walker
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#34STN79Posted 7/12/2013 5:58:56 PM
@ DTY3

Well i'm more partial to the Snes versions music in X3. It sounds more fitting and matches better with X1 and X2 since those were also on Snes. I did kinda like the added cutscenes on PS1 though.
#35DTY3Posted 7/12/2013 6:01:39 PM
But X1 andX2 didnt abuse the guitar nearly as badly as X3 did.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#36STN79Posted 7/12/2013 6:06:25 PM
I don't know i've just always liked the Snes music better. The PS1 music seems too mellow and not really rockin if ya know what i mean. Sorta like it's been toned down and the beat is all off.

Here's a little video for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aek_grG4tnk
#37DrumguyPosted 7/12/2013 8:17:41 PM
rafiiilla posted...
DTY3 posted...
rafiiilla posted...
Drumguy posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
I got Mega Man X3 for my snes this year. It cost me 180 dollars.

So yes, put it on the VC. Prices like that are ridiculous.

Yeah I think I paid $59.99 for mine used. Was your copy new/sealed? Because that seems kinda high.

X3 is one of the more rare SNES games out there.

I don't like the idea of having the original games on SNES because I always hated the button mapping (I remember it was very awkward to dash and jump while charging the X-buster)

Then change the dash button to L or R. The game has customizable controls. All X games do.

is this real? ha! I must've looked like a complete idiot... I didn't know the SNES version had customizable button mapping. Granted, I was ~10 years old the last time I played MMX on SNES

Yep, it's in the option screen - along with a cool little sound test for sound effects and BGM. Don't forget D-pad left or right twice in rapid succession works for the dash as well. You don't have to use the A button or even re-map the controller.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#38RHFPosted 7/12/2013 8:19:26 PM
I'm not, because I've got this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/46/Mega_Man_X_Collection_Coverart.jpg
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*