So you guys think there'll be a price drop soon?

#1razidPosted 7/12/2013 6:36:06 AM
I'm trying to decide whether to get this now or later. The only games I'm really interested for the foreseeable future are NSMBU and Wind Waker HD. But I've never had a wii so I'm also quite interested in the huge wii library. Anyway since I'm only interested in 2 wii u games at the moment I was wondering if I should wait for a price drop and whether you guys think it would be any time soon
---
"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels... but don't think for one second that I am one of them." -Sherlock
#2The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/12/2013 6:38:27 AM
Just get Wind Waker for Gamecube and New Super Mario Bros Wii and play them on your Wii. If you know how to do it. You can download the fan-made Newer Super Mario Bros Wii to play with NSMBWii and get more fun with that than you could with U. Plus you save a lot of money for other things you want to get.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#3NiftyManZPosted 7/12/2013 6:42:36 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Just get Wind Waker for Gamecube and New Super Mario Bros Wii and play them on your Wii. If you know how to do it. You can download the fan-made Newer Super Mario Bros Wii to play with NSMBWii and get more fun with that than you could with U. Plus you save a lot of money for other things you want to get.

He doesn't have a Wii...

Also, I don't foresee a price drop soon, since the system is already cheaper than the base xb1 and ps4.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4XenilPosted 7/12/2013 6:43:03 AM
Dunno but it needs one.
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 7/12/2013 6:44:42 AM
Not this year. Not only has Nintendo been claiming it won't when it launched but just at E3 they said they think its a great value for its doing.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#6cybersonic233Posted 7/12/2013 6:46:20 AM
surprized it wasnt announced at E3 tbh
#7The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/12/2013 6:49:48 AM
NiftyManZ posted...

He doesn't have a Wii...

Also, I don't foresee a price drop soon, since the system is already cheaper than the base xb1 and ps4.

Wii's are very cheap nowadays to the point where this option is still cheaper than getting a Wii U. You also have the advantage of the entire Gamecube Library as well. Which is nice considering Nintendo haven't really shown full intentions of bringing over every Gamecube game yet through the E-Shop.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#8PannerPosted 7/12/2013 6:54:14 AM
Asda in the UK have knocked off 100 off of both consoles again if anyone is interested.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/asda-cuts-wii-u-price-by-100-again/0118560
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#9SSBCandidatesPosted 7/12/2013 6:55:05 AM
There have already been price drops, albeit non-official ones.
#10Crazy_tank51Posted 7/12/2013 7:15:07 AM
NiftyManZ posted...

He doesn't have a Wii...

Wii's are very cheap nowadays to the point where this option is still cheaper than getting a Wii U. You also have the advantage of the entire Gamecube Library as well. Which is nice considering Nintendo haven't really shown full intentions of bringing over every Gamecube game yet through the E-Shop.

Modern Wiis IIRC have the BC removed from them, so no, you don't get the GC library.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD