Zelda U wishlist

#11TallWhiteNinjaPosted 7/12/2013 10:00:33 AM
Mix up the framework a bit. I'm not even talking a huge shake-up in game play; just break away from the *intro - set of dungeons - plot twist - second set of dungeons - plot twist and collectathon - finale* structure, and back away from a few of the patterns that have become WAY too prevelant (first dungeon is a forest dungeon, and you get either the boomerang or the slingshot, second dungeon is probably fire, and you'll get bombs etc). Stuff like that is a large part of what leads to the "its stale" complaints.

Harder puzzles, and more complex dungeons (and MORE dungeons, frankly: I've always love the dungeon crawling more than anything else in the series). I know Ninty wants to keep the casual gamers from being too alienated, but I've been playing through SS and it's been pretty much a complete joke in terms of difficulty. The dungeons have been far too simple and their structure far too linear (not as in literally a straight line, but exploring them really feels like you're just going down a set chain of rooms rather than actually EXPLORING, if that makes any sense).

A bit more focus on combat, and more items that are actually useful in combat. Fighting any given enemy in recent games involves either simple swordplay or using a specific item to exploit a gimmick. Being able to have a bit more variety in my approach to fights would be awesome.

No control gimmicks, or at least keep them to a minimum. I'm an uncoordinated nerd; motion controls and I don't get along.

As someone else said, a TP-sized overworld with a bit more stuff to do.

The "helper" character needs to be mostly taken out of the game: something you can consult if you're truly stuck, but beyond that it needs to stay silent. Something experienced gamers can ignore to figure things out on their own, but others of lesser ability can lean on if neccesary. And, for the love of god, don't make it as talkative ad ****ing Fi.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#12CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/12/2013 10:01:21 AM
If anybody says Online multiplayer, or Voiceacting, they're DEAD!
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#13Darth_KamcioPosted 7/12/2013 10:25:49 AM
Take the best stuff from previous games (Like SS's upgrades and 1:1 fighting, MM's atmosphere and elaborate sidequests).

Don't put anything annoying in it (long unskippable descriptions etc).

Let us pause cutscenes. I know that not-pressing-A-button works (not to let the dialogue go on), but still, during the action I want to be able to pause, should something come up. Not that it's very hard to implement.

OoT and MM's level of easter eggs. Hidden stuff to discover. Some encouragement to not play the game, but also play WITH the game. Rewarding even those damn 20 rupees for climbing the bridge-chains from OoT was as surprising as satisfying.

Make people acknowledge Link's doing. I know gettin 80% discounts near the end of the game would kinda render rupees useless, but at least when I go somewhere, I want to be treated like the damn hero I am!

Tons of optional content. And not blatantly obvious. I don't want to have a straight road that forks into "save the world" direction and "play shooting minigame" direction.

Characters and situations I can care about. MM and SS were the best at it for me.

Leave no item unchanged - if they're going to reuse an item (bow, bombs, boomerang etc etc), I'd want it to have something new to it. Gale Boomerang as well as Dual Clawshots were nice steps towards that direction. If only they were used more...

MAGIC. OoT had Link surrounding entire battlefields with Din's Fire. It had him shoot magical arrows. It had him protect himself against harm with Nayru's Love. aLttP had the rods. MM had racial abilities of the masked forms. What did SS have? Link collecting the entire freaking Triforce and obtaining no outside-of-the-cutscenes powers with it! I don't want that to happen again. I'd say it COULD fit with TP's dark atmosphere, but then again we had magic in MM.
---
I love dragons!
White FC: 2194 3983 9072
#14iKhanicPosted 7/12/2013 10:36:41 AM
jragon23 posted...
A different game for once

Literally every Zelda game is extremely different from the previous installment.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#15NovaLevossidaPosted 7/12/2013 10:38:06 AM
No mandatory fetch quests and required yet pointless time fillers.
---
Sig under construction.
#16JobocanPosted 7/12/2013 10:38:41 AM
- Has Link
- Has Zelda
- Has swords
- Has other items/equipment
- Has dungeons
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection