Why do everyone make a big stink over WiiU's CPU Clock Spd...

#101StrongBlackVinePosted 7/13/2013 1:02:23 PM
deathwave21 posted...
People are simple. You can pretty much tell them something is better and they will believe it. For example, come November if Nintendo's advertisement angle is good enough, they will convince the general public that the WU is ages ahead of XBoner and BS4. People here know better, but we are but less than 1% of the video game population. Should be interesting. The technology means nothing if you can't BS the audience better than the competition.

You proved your lacked of intelligence by thinking Sony/Microsoft would let Nintendo pull that off if they dared to try.
#102ShankspearePosted 7/13/2013 1:30:15 PM
Golden Maven posted...
"cooking the books"... You are so naive if you think a little creative accounting is "cooking the books". You can tell quite the story and still be perfectly legal.

Anyway, this is like talking to children.

Lol you are talking about white collar criminal activity with zero proof and calling me naive..........LMAO.

You had me there for a minute. The children bit...good show.
#103kdognumba1Posted 7/13/2013 2:20:45 PM(edited)
You want the truth TC? Because people just like being down on Nintendo.

Most the people commenting on it do not know and never will know how to create games and what all people who do know how to make games can really do with the hardware they're talking about. Furthermore, according to the hacker who leaked the info about the Wii U, despite it being Power PC, the architecture in the Wii U processor is not only newer but different enough so that things only need a fraction of the power to be processed the way they did in the 360 processor.

Not that the Wii U processor is a powerful beast of a processor or something that blows hardware from the previous generation away but it is something different and not done before in a video game console, just not different enough to make games from the previous generation not run on it.

Also one last thing to note, not just about the Wii U but also about the Xbox One and PS4. When the PS3 and 360 came out, they were bleeding edge technology and were completely unfathomable, untouchable hardware even by the best of the best PC standards. The Xbox One and PS4, just like the Wii U (but not as much) are not even close to the bleeding edge. The hardware capabilities in the Xbox One and PS4 are equivalent to the bleeding edge PC hardware 4 years ago and are easily beaten by the mid to top tear PC's on the market.

To put it bluntly, all 3 companies played it safe, not just Nintendo.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#104ironbruPosted 7/13/2013 2:43:40 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
...being lower than gen 7, but keeps quiet about the PS4 and XBOne also being in the same ballpark of CPU clock spd as the WiiU?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the CPU in the Wii U is clocked at 1.2 GHz, correct? The CPU's in the PS4 and Xbox One (as they are both apparently using the same CPU) are apparently clocked at 1.6 GHz.

Now I know MHz / GHz speed aren't everything but the one think that not a single person has mentioned so far in this topic is the amount of cores in each CPU.

The WII U's CPU has 3 core while the CPU's in the PS4 and Xbox One have 8. The MHz / GHz speed really doesn't matter when your competition has 5 more cores in their CPU than yours does.
---
Current Playing: USA import of Front Mission 4 (PS2)
#105SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/13/2013 2:52:08 PM
ironbru posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
...being lower than gen 7, but keeps quiet about the PS4 and XBOne also being in the same ballpark of CPU clock spd as the WiiU?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the CPU in the Wii U is clocked at 1.2 GHz, correct? The CPU's in the PS4 and Xbox One (as they are both apparently using the same CPU) are apparently clocked at 1.6 GHz.

Now I know MHz / GHz speed aren't everything but the one think that not a single person has mentioned so far in this topic is the amount of cores in each CPU.

The WII U's CPU has 3 core while the CPU's in the PS4 and Xbox One have 8. The MHz / GHz speed really doesn't matter when your competition has 5 more cores in their CPU than yours does.

Well it does when half(forgot where I read that) of them are being used for background things like the xbones DVR, and managing the online network, and talking to people through it

Also when you figure in the efficency of PPC cores it would be about equivalent to 1.8 ghz as they are at least(that is box stock not Nintendo's customized one) 150% more efficient per cycle