Wow! What is this Zelda game???

#1BlougePosted 7/12/2013 1:42:06 PM
This is like a year old and I missed it some how.

What game is this???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM
#2CalciferJenkinsPosted 7/12/2013 1:44:58 PM
Just a tech demo, I think. Unless I'm misusing the term 'tech demo', which is possible. Just something they put together to show the machine's capabilities. They've said that the next Zelda Wii U game may not have that art style, I believe.
---
Thank you, gentlemen! Someday, I will repay you. Unless, of course, I can't find you or if I forget.
#3GodofLazinessPosted 7/12/2013 1:47:46 PM
It's a Tech demo, not an actual Zelda game. It does look beautiful right? Brought a tear to my eyes when I first saw it.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#4DBPanterAPosted 7/12/2013 1:50:14 PM
That would be the tech demo shown at E3 for the potential of the Wii U

This is not CONFIRMED to be the Zelda they are currently working on, but one that many people cling to and hope will come to fruition.

I will also say that realistically due to Nintendo's own admitted difficulties developing in HD, with the delay of games, do not expect this anytime soon. The idea behind Windwaker HD was to give Nintendo an idea on how to develop a Zelda title in HD. Keep in mind both Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. are coming in 2014. We have no mention or date for a main series Mario either.

I expect a new Zelda game to appear on the Wii U in 2015, most likely Holiday.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#5Glem3Posted 7/12/2013 1:54:21 PM
^ True but they were considering showing Zelda at E3 this year, so they're definitely decently far in development.
#6abbyhitterPosted 7/12/2013 1:57:04 PM
At any rate, Zelda Wii U should look like this demo.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#7GodofLazinessPosted 7/12/2013 1:58:39 PM
DBPanterA posted...
That would be the tech demo shown at E3 for the potential of the Wii U

This is not CONFIRMED to be the Zelda they are currently working on, but one that many people cling to and hope will come to fruition.

I will also say that realistically due to Nintendo's own admitted difficulties developing in HD, with the delay of games, do not expect this anytime soon. The idea behind Windwaker HD was to give Nintendo an idea on how to develop a Zelda title in HD. Keep in mind both Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. are coming in 2014. We have no mention or date for a main series Mario either.

I expect a new Zelda game to appear on the Wii U in 2015, most likely Holiday.

Super Mario 3D World say hi. Sure it may not be what we wanted or expected but it is a core 3D Mario game.

Also I'm not worried about how Zelda U would look, I know it will look amazing. I'm expecting the released date around that time. They did said development was progressing much faster than expected.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#8Glem3Posted 7/12/2013 2:02:01 PM
Super Mario 3D World say hi. Sure it may not be what we wanted or expected but it is a core 3D Mario game.

It's part of the Mario 3D line, but not part of the SM64/SMS/SMG line, is what he means. In the same way that NSMB is a separate line.
#9Rival_Blue_1999Posted 7/12/2013 2:07:48 PM
Glem3 posted...

It's part of the Mario 3D line, but not part of the SM64/SMS/SMG line, is what he means. In the same way that NSMB is a separate line.

Even though it is a main series Mario game. Hell Super Mario 3D Land is part of the main series as well! So what gives?
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 7/12/2013 2:20:17 PM
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
Glem3 posted...

Even though it is a main series Mario game. Hell Super Mario 3D Land is part of the main series as well! So what gives?

I wasn't terribly impressed with 3D Land itself. I guess it's not bad as a blend between NSMB and the other 3D Mario games, but it's a far cry from the type of game that I'd really want. 3D World looks to be more of the same line as 3D Land in that regard.
---
Sig under construction.