Wow! What is this Zelda game???

#11DBPanterAPosted 7/12/2013 6:14:26 PM
Glem3 posted...
Super Mario 3D World say hi. Sure it may not be what we wanted or expected but it is a core 3D Mario game.

It's part of the Mario 3D line, but not part of the SM64/SMS/SMG line, is what he means. In the same way that NSMB is a separate line.

Bingo!

The "New" is a line, one per console. It appears as though the 3D is now becoming another line. I am speaking of the NES to SNES to SM64 to SMS to SMG line.

To the above poster: I have played Super Mario 3D World. Truthfully I had fun and should be entertaining. However, I cannot justify spending $60 on it when there is a heavy emphasis on multi-player and no on-line. I will rent it and beat it in a weekend. Very disappointed in no on-line.

I am part of a video game clan (for a FPS) and we got some serious Mario players that upload their videos and are just beasts. I would have liked to play with them on-line, since they live 1500 miles away from me.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#12AhnoldDoodPosted 7/12/2013 6:19:35 PM
Why not just say "And there's no mention of a Mario game like SM64/SMS/SMG anytime soon"? Don't bring that "mainline" crap into this. 3D World and 3D Land, along with the NSMB games are just as "main" as the SMB games and the other 3D Mario games.
#13DBPanterAPosted 7/12/2013 6:28:42 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Why not just say "And there's no mention of a Mario game like SM64/SMS/SMG anytime soon"? Don't bring that "mainline" crap into this. 3D World and 3D Land, along with the NSMB games are just as "main" as the SMB games and the other 3D Mario games.

That is your opinion. Many people complain about the amount of Mario games because of Nintendo's decision to use the "New" on every console, and released 2 "New" games 3 months apart in 2012.

And if I were to say a game like SM64/SMS/SMG, people will bring up Super Mario 3D World, a very similar title to Super Mario 3D Land that was released in November 2011. Yes, they are similar, I own one and played the other.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#14AhnoldDoodPosted 7/12/2013 6:36:21 PM
DBPanterA posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

That is your opinion. Many people complain about the amount of Mario games because of Nintendo's decision to use the "New" on every console, and released 2 "New" games 3 months apart in 2012.

And if I were to say a game like SM64/SMS/SMG, people will bring up Super Mario 3D World, a very similar title to Super Mario 3D Land that was released in November 2011. Yes, they are similar, I own one and played the other.

Excuse me? You can't decide what's mainline and what isn't. The mainline series are every "Super Mario" platformer, 2D or 3D. Its the general rule, even Nintendo thinks so. That's like saying Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isn't a canonical Harry Potter book, that's just plain wrong.

And anyone with eyes can see that 3D World isn't like SM64/SMS/SMG.