Looking for a sad video game..

#141Ballermann2DPosted 7/13/2013 2:06:25 AM
Limbo
---
was Dreamcast a PlayStation?
#142overmaxxPosted 7/13/2013 2:08:57 AM
Other M

It made me feel things I never thought existed, kind of like your first time having sex, except the opposite because you feel this huge black mass of feels inside of you and it's like every organ inside your body wants to shut themselves off at once to make it stop.

In fact I just realized you asked for a sad game, not a soul-crushing one, so don't, don't.

Don't.
---
r u 'aving a gigle ther m8?
(3DS: 2122 - 5984 - 7063) Animal Crossing and Pokemon XY in the future
#143Hicks233Posted 7/13/2013 4:49:09 AM
Rule of Rose = PS2
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Wii
Heavy Rain - PS3

Worth also looking at Clannad, Kanon and Katawa Shoujo on pc as well. They're not inherently saddening but the absolutely have their moments.
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#144crowe_1Posted 7/13/2013 6:43:37 AM
I thought Braid was pretty sad in a creepy sort of way.

Oh, and the 2008 Prince of Persia game. One of my favourite endings ever. Never played the DLC.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#145ReedeemerPosted 7/13/2013 8:08:54 AM
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
Majora's Mask,or Mother 3.

D': yes, Mother 3 definitely falls into the sad category if you're able to get a copy of it, TC.
---
WiiU: rZetro
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#146MayorPaulPosted 7/16/2013 1:18:48 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Demon's Souls and Dark Souls yet.

Those games are pure melancholy. Especially in Dark Souls, the world is truly doomed even though there are two endings, both don't really solve anything. People in the world have given up all hope, but are undead and thus cursed to walk that place forever. And the backstories are just plain said. Read up on Ceaseless Discharge's backstory, for example. Those games are just depressing (and awesomely so).

If you want to know more, check out VaatiVidya's Prepare to Cry series on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWLedd0Zw3c5RCXboUsPwHsZJlXB2CzCz
#147VanderZooPosted 7/16/2013 3:05:48 AM
I literally just finished The Last of Us, and it's a very dark and sombre game. Bitter sweet ending.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#148Archetype_SquidPosted 7/17/2013 12:14:25 AM
Atmospherically melancholy? Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (though you kinda have to dig through the lore to truly get it, that's what VaatiVidya is for).

Also FF IX (entire civilizations are destroyed before your eyes) and Majora's Mask, particularly in the last moments before the fall of the moon. Men and women are getting their last drinks, children are getting their first...it's just awful.

Tear-jerking? I haven't really played one of those...although Cave Story gave me a lump in my throat...

Those poor Mimigas :'(
---
"Why would anyone ever do drugs when they could just mow a lawn?"
-Hank Hill