Why wouldn't nintendo make a FPS with Nintendo characters?

#1Castleman2Posted 7/12/2013 3:10:23 PM
Obviously, I get that nintendo isn't going to allow patio to get a bullet between the eyes - however - considering the popularity of Team Fortress, you would think that a cartoony FPS could be a good idea for Nintendo. If I could pitch the idea to Nintendo, I would have flower fireball guns, as well as shell launchers that can have red or green shells. Characters such as bowser would be slower, but also able to take more damage, just like the team fortress system is set up. Also, the roster could be like SSBB, in that it could include MegaMan. It would be awesome running around a peach castle map gunning down Yoshi with fireballs

Could this ever be a possibility?
---
I Wii on U
#2G1ingyPosted 7/12/2013 3:11:43 PM
...Metroid Prime?
#3Castleman2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2013 3:13:10 PM
G1ingy posted...
...Metroid Prime?

Smh
---
I Wii on U
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 7/12/2013 3:14:44 PM
I'd rather have Nintendo make a new Ip if thay want to do an Fps. Something like Serious Sam.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#5AetherLightPosted 7/12/2013 3:23:41 PM
Why is it that everybody always asks for shooters?
#6DiscostewSMPosted 7/12/2013 3:29:30 PM
AetherLight posted...

They must be from the Xbox board.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7jsb0714Posted 7/12/2013 3:38:33 PM
There's plenty of FPS games in the world already.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#8AetherLightPosted 7/12/2013 3:43:18 PM
jsb0714 posted...

This
#9The_DOAMPosted 7/12/2013 4:34:41 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
AetherLight posted...

They must be from the Xbox board.

Xbox boards nothing Nintendo has to be Kiddie with all these youngins running around the boards with out any knowledge of gaming history.

Try playing Timesplitters, Golden Eye, Doom, Winback, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, ect... on a Nintendo 64 then ask yourself what happened to the FPS genre on the Nintendo platform. Nintendo used to be known as an all encompassing company that tried to accommodate everyone's needs. FPS is a major genre and it's lacking and that the reason so many people ask for shooters. If we had shooters people would start asking for WRPG's or whatever genre is weakest at the moment.

Heck even in the days when certain M rated games(Clocktower and so forth and we really need another Clocktower game) never went global Nintendo still offered shooters to everyone. Once we get more shooters I'll be the first to start asking for more low budget survival Horror. Nothing like ZombiU that has to sell a ton of copy's but something more sustainable for a series.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#10The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/12/2013 5:05:45 PM
jsb0714 posted...

So shouldn't you be wanting Nintendo to "Revolutionize" the genre?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~