What is "Nintendo" to you

#1Sniperdog117Posted 7/12/2013 4:06:43 PM
Whenever people say Nintendo, they seem to never be talking about the same thing. Some people like to say "anything exclusive is Nintendo", while others say anything with Nintendo on the label is Nintendo. Other say Nintendo as in Nintendo EAD, or their internal studios.

To me, Nintendo is any studio owned by Nintendo(not a partnership). I prefer not to count games that they simply publish or are exclusive. When I speak of "Nintendo", I speak from more of a software perspective.

I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on what Nintendo really is, at least to them.
#2Falling DownPosted 7/12/2013 4:12:35 PM
Nintendo is...my childhood, Original Mario, Tetris, Zelda, TMNT, megaman, double dragon, and many others. It was simple but fun games.

*watches the wizard* oh yeah that's the stuff.

Despite having an Atari Nintendo is what made me a gamer and laid the ground work for a lifelong hobby.

The SNES sealed my destiny which Sony ran with.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#3QlJGamerPosted 7/12/2013 4:13:19 PM
Nintendo is a Japaneses company that makes toys to play!
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#4FayeLadyPosted 7/12/2013 4:16:05 PM
Nintendo is the refreshing third party that sometimes makes more sense than dealing with the other two's politics.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5VWC621Posted 7/12/2013 4:17:21 PM
Nintendo was my childhood and the only company I will buy consoles from. I can see the appeal of Playstation and XBox but for me Nintendo is all I need with limited time and money.
---
Nintendo Network: VWC621
Next game: Pikmin 3
#6shaunmePosted 7/12/2013 4:25:10 PM
my childhood

my enemy
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#7SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/12/2013 4:26:44 PM
The only company I need to buy a game console from to play games I love, as I own a PC for everything else the others get that interest me.
#8GodofLazinessPosted 7/12/2013 4:26:52 PM
Falling Down posted...
Nintendo is...my childhood, Original Mario, Tetris, Zelda, TMNT, megaman, double dragon, and many others. It was simple but fun games.

*watches the wizard* oh yeah that's the stuff.

Despite having an Atari Nintendo is what made me a gamer and laid the ground work for a lifelong hobby.

The SNES sealed my destiny which Sony ran with.

Excluding the Artari this describes me too.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#9the_cajun88Posted 7/12/2013 5:26:33 PM
QlJGamer posted...
Nintendo is a Japanese company

^That.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#10jsb0714Posted 7/12/2013 5:42:01 PM
Fun
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this