Let's talk about a Kirby Air Ride sequel for the Wii-U

#11Go2ChurchPosted 7/13/2013 8:35:33 AM
It's really dated now, and honestly I don't see it happening.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#12wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 9:40:22 AM
Another Copy Ability

Fighter

Tap B - Use Vulcan Jab in front of you with some decent width.
Hold B - Use Smash Punch
Press B while spinning - Use Spin Kick; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Press B while gliding - Use Ninja Kick; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Tap Y - Use Rising Break; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Hold Y - Charge up Hadouken.
Move second control stick while charging - Direct a cross-hair.
Release Y While charging - Shoot Wave Beam in the direction of the cross-hair; release at different timings for different strengths.

I'd also like to see more playable characters. Maybe helpers from Kirby Superstar could return.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#13SSBMaster11Posted 7/13/2013 2:21:54 PM
Go2Church posted...

So? Even if it is, a Wii U sequel wouldn't be so dated.
---
Challenge Mode scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(perfect!) Overall: 1178
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
#14wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:15:05 PM
Would anyone else like to talk about what they would like to actually see in a sequel to KAR?
---
#15Go2ChurchPosted 7/13/2013 5:19:53 PM
SSBMaster11 posted...
Go2Church posted...

So? Even if it is, a Wii U sequel wouldn't be so dated.

I just can't see much more you could do with it is all. I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Not to mention the actual racing was kind of bad, IMO.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#16wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:28:38 PM
Go2Church posted...
I just can't see much more you could do with it is all.

I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Have you been reading my posts at all? <.<
---
#17Scarecrow1711Posted 7/13/2013 5:30:42 PM
---
http://i.imgur.com/GB0T9jD.jpg
#18wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 5:34:10 PM
Scarecrow1711 posted...

Great idea! This would be pretty awesome, especially as City Trial is very competitive. So many ways to play it . . .
---
#19Go2ChurchPosted 7/13/2013 6:28:39 PM
wiiking96 posted...
Go2Church posted...

I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Yes. They are all copy abilities, and various tweaks to the formula. I see that, but the fundamental core of the game is the exact same. Now, before you say "Zelda's fundamental core is the same! What now?" Racing games are a hell of a lot more difficult to distinguish from their predecessors, and we all know Nintendo is hell bent on making new experiences (Hence the reason why we aren't getting another F-Zero for a while).
---
#20wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 6:36:34 PM
Go2Church posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Go2Church posted...

Yes. They are all copy abilities, and various tweaks to the formula. I see that, but the fundamental core of the game is the exact same. Now, before you say "Zelda's fundamental core is the same! What now?" Racing games are a hell of a lot more difficult to distinguish from their predecessors, and we all know Nintendo is hell bent on making new experiences (Hence the reason why we aren't getting another F-Zero for a while).

Well, considering most of the changes would be for City Trial, not a racing mode, the differences might be more apparent. Maybe have some sort of story mode, or make drastic changes to the way the Cities work.
---