Let's talk about a Kirby Air Ride sequel for the Wii-U

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Let's talk about a Kirby Air Ride sequel for the Wii-U
3 years ago#11
It's really dated now, and honestly I don't see it happening.
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
3 years ago#12
Another Copy Ability

Fighter

Tap B - Use Vulcan Jab in front of you with some decent width.
Hold B - Use Smash Punch
Press B while spinning - Use Spin Kick; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Press B while gliding - Use Ninja Kick; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Tap Y - Use Rising Break; Kirby flies off his vehicle temporarily while using it.
Hold Y - Charge up Hadouken.
Move second control stick while charging - Direct a cross-hair.
Release Y While charging - Shoot Wave Beam in the direction of the cross-hair; release at different timings for different strengths.

I'd also like to see more playable characters. Maybe helpers from Kirby Superstar could return.
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
3 years ago#13
Go2Church posted...

So? Even if it is, a Wii U sequel wouldn't be so dated.
Challenge Mode scores: 230, 300, 249, 100, 299(perfect!) Overall: 1178
All the info is there, except the info that isn't there.
3 years ago#14
Would anyone else like to talk about what they would like to actually see in a sequel to KAR?
3 years ago#15
SSBMaster11 posted...
Go2Church posted...

So? Even if it is, a Wii U sequel wouldn't be so dated.

I just can't see much more you could do with it is all. I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Not to mention the actual racing was kind of bad, IMO.
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
3 years ago#16
Go2Church posted...
I just can't see much more you could do with it is all.

I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Have you been reading my posts at all? <.<
3 years ago#17
http://i.imgur.com/GB0T9jD.jpg
3 years ago#18
Scarecrow1711 posted...

Great idea! This would be pretty awesome, especially as City Trial is very competitive. So many ways to play it . . .
3 years ago#19
wiiking96 posted...
Go2Church posted...

I mean, KAR delivered pretty much the perfect experience of Kirby in a pseudo-racing format. I can't think of any gameplay changing alterations other than multiple cities for city trial.

Yes. They are all copy abilities, and various tweaks to the formula. I see that, but the fundamental core of the game is the exact same. Now, before you say "Zelda's fundamental core is the same! What now?" Racing games are a hell of a lot more difficult to distinguish from their predecessors, and we all know Nintendo is hell bent on making new experiences (Hence the reason why we aren't getting another F-Zero for a while).
3 years ago#20
Go2Church posted...
wiiking96 posted...
Go2Church posted...

Yes. They are all copy abilities, and various tweaks to the formula. I see that, but the fundamental core of the game is the exact same. Now, before you say "Zelda's fundamental core is the same! What now?" Racing games are a hell of a lot more difficult to distinguish from their predecessors, and we all know Nintendo is hell bent on making new experiences (Hence the reason why we aren't getting another F-Zero for a while).

Well, considering most of the changes would be for City Trial, not a racing mode, the differences might be more apparent. Maybe have some sort of story mode, or make drastic changes to the way the Cities work.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Let's talk about a Kirby Air Ride sequel for the Wii-U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived