Xenoblade Chronicles

#21Virus66Posted 7/13/2013 5:17:50 PM
jrb363 posted...
The game was $50 new so I don't think so. If they upgrade it to full 1080p HD visuals I would have no problem paying $60 on the Wii U. However, I would never pay $80-100 for a used standard definition game no matter how good it is.

I was used to paying 80-100 for games back on the SNES so this is nothing extreme for me...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#22JohnColtrane64Posted 7/13/2013 5:35:23 PM
Great game indeed. Played it twice. First time 80h, 2nd 100+. Love the music also and the story. They should do a tv show out of it
#23super_taco_ftwPosted 7/13/2013 6:12:39 PM
Just ordered my copy from Austria on Ebay. It was about $80 AUD, which is about as much as you'd pay for a brand new 360 game here in Aus, and it comes with the red controller, so I reckon it was worth it. Hell, I've seen preowned Mario Galaxy's going for $90 preowned at JBHifi, which is usually the cheapest place in Canberra to buy games. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Please, Australia Post?
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#24nonexistingheroPosted 7/14/2013 1:33:43 AM
URAlsr posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
jrb363 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
It's definitely worth around $80 I'd say.

The game was $50 new so I don't think so. If they upgrade it to full 1080p HD visuals I would have no problem paying $60 on the Wii U. However, I would never pay $80-100 for a used standard definition game no matter how good it is.

Your loss.

not really when you anyone can get it for free :)

Not everyone wants to use illegal methods. Besides, the game is well worth it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25URAlsrPosted 7/14/2013 7:59:00 AM
URAlsr posted...
jrb363 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
It's definitely worth around $80 I'd say.

Your loss.

not really when you anyone can get it for free :)

Not everyone wants to use illegal methods. Besides, the game is well worth it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215619p1.html
that way more than it sold at retail. and just think of how many more people have downloaded it since. so obviously its not worth it. nice try though.
#26kingjam1Posted 7/14/2013 8:03:53 AM
zado19 posted...
i played a bit of it....... and i didnt like it, oh well

Same. Most overrated game I've known.
---
Can't think of anything
#27kayoticdreamzPosted 7/14/2013 8:46:06 AM
URAlsr posted...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1215619p1.html
that way more than it sold at retail. and just think of how many more people have downloaded it since. so obviously its not worth it. nice try though.

in this case though it really was nintendos fault.

gamers begged for this. raised a storm. created operation rainfall. and finally just figured well we yelled and screamed loud enough its not coming and i want to play this damn game so piracy seems to be the only option to own it.

furthermore piracy isnt entirely illegal and is more of a grey area especially if the thing being pirated is not available in your country. in this case it was not available in america so these people really werent stealing because the product wasnt around to be stolen.

xenoblade is a tragedy. it should of broken 5 million sales easily or even millions more but nintendo didnt advertise it and only barely released it around the world. i feel 0 sympathy for any lost sales to this game its their own damn fault in many ways.

there have been few tragedies in the gaming world that even compare to what happened to poor xenoblade. this game should not be OOP and seeing crazy ebay prices.
#28Rishah0078Posted 7/14/2013 9:27:34 AM
The only reason I still own it is because ebay is flooded with them, and I have no qualms about holding it until the number for sale thins a little. I could not stand this game. Combat was terrible, characters were terrible, much of the story was slow, sidequests were terrible. I got through it on the beautiful score and the unbelievably well done world. If you can enjoy the combat system, the rest can be overlooked, but I could not, I thought it was garbage. I'm glad you're enjoying it because you won't have to force yourself to keep going to see everything like I did.
#29CrysianiaPosted 7/14/2013 9:35:48 AM
Why didnt u guys buy it ages ago on the wii when it first came out?:P
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#30URAlsrPosted 7/14/2013 9:40:21 AM
Crysiania posted...
Why didnt u guys buy it ages ago on the wii when it first came out?:P

by ages ago you mean last april?:P