"It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

#121shaunmePosted 7/14/2013 7:28:31 AM
8gb GDDR5
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#122P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/14/2013 8:07:26 AM
Endgame posted...
Don't try to spin facts to fit your agenda

good advice

you should take it

When talking to yourself you probably shouldn't post it on a gaming board.
---
NNID: Ko-san
"SUUUPERRR!"
#123ShankspearePosted 7/14/2013 8:17:35 AM
CyricsServant posted...
^
The issue isn't whether a slight graphical upgrade will revolutionize the industry; the issue is whether a certain system is worth its asking price when its peers (arguably) provide significantly more for an additional $50-100.

Yes, I'm sure the the Wii U will have first party games that will be very good. Does that justify the system being sold at a premium? I'm sure the Xbone and the PS4 will have 3rd party games and first party games, that won't appear on the Wii U, that will also be very good. On that basis, the argument that "Nintendo systems should cost more because they play Nintendo games" doesn't fly with me. Especially when there are very few good Nintendo games currently released for the system.

None of what you asked can be definitively responded to at this time give 3 years maximum. I mean the other two consoles don't even have a release date yet.
#124JackalPosted 7/14/2013 9:03:28 AM
SychinLegacy posted...
Quesker posted...
Considering that they only stated one price, it's easy to assume that there will only be one SKU. Now, what will it exactly entail remains to be seen, but to the average consumer (which, let's face it, isn't us), the "only $50 more" argument makes sense.

The average consume isn't going to buy just a PS4. They are going to buy at least ONE game to go with it. Nobody is going to spend 400 dollars on a room decoration. Wii U delux is 350 and comes with a game. PS4 will be 460 after the game. Still 100 dollars despite the narrative a trolls continue to push.

Anyone buying a new game console expects to also buy some games that interest them. Something that they want to play. Not everyone wants the pack-in games. It's a bonus, an extra, but that doesn't mean that people want to play it. Even if they bought the Wii U they would most like also buy an additional game. Something that they do want to play. Not something that is being forced on them.

No one buying a console is foolish enough to think that there won't be any additional cost. Games, controllers, etc. This has been going on for over 30 years so why are people acting like having to buy a console with a game is something new? Did everyone that bought the Deluxe model only come home with Nintendoland and said, "Heck, I'm not spending any more money on games!" No, they didn't. They bought other games that they wanted to play. The bought Wiimotes if they needed them. And anything else that they wanted or needed.

So here we have the PS4, the console that Nintendo fans said that Sony would never make because they are broke. The console that they said would not be as powerful as the Wii U because Sony couldn't afford to do so launching at a lower price point than the PS3 and is more powerful than the Wii U. Not only that, it's launching at the same price as the Sega Saturn. Now that all of those next gen with no PS4 fantasies have been blown out of the water you all are talking about failure because the console won't have a pack-in game and camera? Because they are requiring PS+ for online MP gaming? Someone had even tried to shoot down that it had an ethernet port saying that they can game using wifi!

Nintendoland. A game that should have never retailed at $60. 8 and 32gb of storage. Even a kid can figure out that they have more storage than that on their iphone! The gamepad which is, in most cases, going to be a GUI subscreen until people figure out how to utilize it. The confusion of the name and the average consumers, not us, thinking that this is a Wii peripheral. Yet people are acting like price of the PS4 at $400 and a game is going to stop anyone that is interested in getting one because the Wii U comes with Nintendoland? Because it has a gamepad?

The Wii U had been out for a while now. If people know about it and want one they will either have one by now or will buy it soon. Do you think that the average consumer is waiting for the Fall console releases to make their decisions? No. If people aren't buying the Wii U right now it's because they either don't want one or don't know what it is. Most likely, anyone that is waiting for the fall releases are gamers. Waiting to deals and price drops. But those average consumers are not waiting for the new consoles like we are. They are too busy in the now to possibly even care.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#125boysrus72Posted 7/17/2013 8:25:46 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PangLa posted...
PangLa posted...
TC, forgot to mention that you need to buy an external hard drive to match the PS4's HDD which is at least $50.

"Nintendo Products are always a better value"
Funny you say that, when there's almost no 1st party or 3rd party games out right now.

Wii U + game + online = $350
+ 500GB USB (luxury) = $400

PS4 + 500GB = $400
+ game = $460
+ online (one year) = $510

Lol, you count Nintendo Land as a game, but not PS+? That's not fair. Drive Club will be free day 1 and there will be a free game every month.

Wii U + game + online + 500GB = $400
PS4 + 500GB + PS+ = $450

It is only 50 dollars more.

Wii U has Rayman, Tankx3, and Zen Pinball for free without a subscription fee

Woohoo. Zen f******* pinball. The PSplus games offer legitimate titles every month for only $50 a year. That's a lot of games. You are a hypocrite for saying he's twisting things to fit his agenda when you're clearly doing the same. Three free games doesn't even come close to the value of PSplus.
---
Think about it.
#126geneticsftwPosted 7/17/2013 8:28:27 PM
boysrus72 posted...
PangLa posted...
PangLa posted...
TC, forgot to mention that you need to buy an external hard drive to match the PS4's HDD which is at least $50.

"Nintendo Products are always a better value"
Funny you say that, when there's almost no 1st party or 3rd party games out right now.

Wii U + game + online = $350
+ 500GB USB (luxury) = $400

PS4 + 500GB = $400
+ game = $460
+ online (one year) = $510

Lol, you count Nintendo Land as a game, but not PS+? That's not fair. Drive Club will be free day 1 and there will be a free game every month.

Wii U + game + online + 500GB = $400
PS4 + 500GB + PS+ = $450

It is only 50 dollars more.

Wii U has Rayman, Tankx3, and Zen Pinball for free without a subscription fee

Woohoo. Zen f******* pinball. The PSplus games offer legitimate titles every month for only $50 a year. That's a lot of games. You are a hypocrite for saying he's twisting things to fit his agenda when you're clearly doing the same. Three free games doesn't even come close to the value of PSplus.

Lmao, don't forget about remote play.
#127LordBowserPosted 7/17/2013 8:31:16 PM(edited)
Casual video game owners will purchase the regular set which is 100 dollars cheaper. The features the Deluxe set offers pale in comparison unless you wanted Nintendo Land anyways. You'll end up buying a harddrive anyways if you buy games online, and unless you plan on buying a lot of games and buying them all online, you won't make a profit from the online deal by itself (assuming you didn't want Nintendo Land, as that game by itself makes up for the +$50).

For those of us that are Nintendo fans, the choice is unquestionable. We'll buy the Deluxe set and get full use out of it in every possible way. For those of us that aren't, the Wii U basic is plenty good enough.

The 'it's only $50 dollars more' argument has always been irrelevant because it's never been true. It's $100 more. Even if you look at the Deluxe set, it comes with a $60 dollar game. I highly doubt the Playstation 4 or Xboned will.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#128sdgamespotPosted 7/17/2013 8:56:45 PM
These type of posts are moot. Every gamer is different and has different tastes. I personally like most consoles, handhelds and pc's because I like various games on each. PS4 enthusiasts have differing preferences versus the wii u crowd because these two systems offer different choices of game experiences. Dont fight, man.. embrace the variety. I like Nintendo IPs so I really liked the 3DS, Wii and (going to) like the Wii U because of these titles. That's ok. So is liking PS4s. And XboxOnes..well I'm actually against Microsoft's DRM and online attempts on this one so my view of their reputation is kinda tarnished now :( Anyways...

I like the PS3 for Ratchet and Clank.
Nintendo for Pikmin, Metroid and some Mario games
Xbox for Mass Effect and, well... that's where my PC comes in.

My PC...pretty much all Xbox games like Mass Effect, Fable TLC, Skyrim, Deus Ex...

This is just my view.

Nintendo has good value, as does Sony. Microsoft is on the fence for me now. As is Ouya.
But that is just me.
---
NOW PLAYIN' - Mass Effect 2, Solatorobo, Phantasy Star IV, Meta Gear Solid (gba), Deus Ex, Tail Concerto, Silent Bomber.
#129Jacob46719Posted 7/17/2013 9:02:37 PM
shaunme posted...
8gb GDDR5

fact
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#130geneticsftwPosted 7/17/2013 9:18:05 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
shaunme posted...
8gb GDDR5

fact

30fps