"It is only 50 Dollars More" Argument.

#31QueskerPosted 7/13/2013 1:13:19 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
Quesker posted...
Considering that they only stated one price, it's easy to assume that there will only be one SKU. Now, what will it exactly entail remains to be seen, but to the average consumer (which, let's face it, isn't us), the "only $50 more" argument makes sense.

The average consume isn't going to buy just a PS4. They are going to buy at least ONE game to go with it. Nobody is going to spend 400 dollars on a room decoration. Wii U delux is 350 and comes with a game. PS4 will be 460 after the game. Still 100 dollars despite the narrative a trolls continue to push.

But here's the thing: How do we know if it doesn't come with a game or not? I'd suggest waiting until they reveal all the details, then we can complain if the sole SKU has no games, because that could technically fall under false advertising.

Then again, I'd imagine previous consoles pulled the same thing and got away with it...
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#32METALINGUS5150Posted 7/13/2013 1:17:30 PM
Like I said before, 500 GB hard drive.
#33PangLaPosted 7/13/2013 1:17:33 PM
Why do people still deny that the only reason the Wii succeed was because of the casual market? It sold because of motion control. It was a fad that is now dead.
#34ShankspearePosted 7/13/2013 1:20:38 PM
Lol at people giving the argument any weight.

Lmao at the ones saying Wiisurance and thinking they aren't a joke.
#35Glem3Posted 7/13/2013 1:20:44 PM
Why do people still deny that the only reason the Wii succeed was because of the casual market? It sold because of motion control. It was a fad that is now dead.

Yet every console now has a motion controller included when you buy the console.

I don't think people deny that the Wii succeeded due to the casual market, at least I haven't seen anyone deny that. I do deny that everyone is over it now, though. If that were the case, the casual audience wouldn't have gone so crazy over kinect. Nintendo just needs to advertise. There was one commercial total for the Wii U and it was on for maybe a week.
#36ShankspearePosted 7/13/2013 1:24:41 PM
Glem3 posted...

Yet every console now has a motion controller included when you buy the console.

I don't think people deny that the Wii succeeded due to the casual market, at least I haven't seen anyone deny that. I do deny that everyone is over it now, though. If that were the case, the casual audience wouldn't have gone so crazy over kinect. Nintendo just needs to advertise. There was one commercial total for the Wii U and it was on for maybe a week.

ALL, I repeat, all the console business is looking at the casual market with a frothy mouth.

Got to pay these PR guys extra man. They sure now how to mold an image. (Training Day Denzel) You seeing this Nintendo?! Are you watching this?
#37iKhanicPosted 7/13/2013 1:27:11 PM
And again, the PS4's not $50s more, its $100
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#38FayeLadyPosted 7/13/2013 1:30:35 PM
iKhanic posted...
And again, the PS4's not $50s more, its $100

And the PS3 was 600 at launch, not 500.
All that matters is perception, and the public already perceives the 299 bundle as undervalued.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#39Murderstorm117Posted 7/13/2013 1:44:36 PM
Im getting the standard edition ps4 and im happy about the price and content. So for you its a problem it doesn't come with a gimmick camera people wont use and without a shovelware mini game collection?. Im fine with not paying for a crap I don't want
---
NNID Mstorm
#40LvthnPosted 7/13/2013 1:49:36 PM
At least someone caught that TC just made up nonsense about "gimped version" as though there are multiple PS4 versions.

Not sure if trolling or wiisurance topic.