Nintendo SHOULD drop the price.

#1ADHDguitarPosted 7/13/2013 1:19:54 PM
Get rid of the 8GB SKU entirely and just sell the 32 at $300 in white and black.

It would give it the edge it needs.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2Tech_SupportPosted 7/13/2013 1:21:16 PM
$300? Still very overpriced; if they actually want to sell to those who know value then no more than $149.
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#3SychinLegacyPosted 7/13/2013 1:21:38 PM
The console needs games. Dropping the price will not speed up the release of the games coming out. It would accomplish nothing.
#4Go2ChurchPosted 7/13/2013 1:23:13 PM
Tech_Support posted...
$300? Still very overpriced; if they actually want to sell to those who know value then no more than $149.

That's literally the most ignorant thing I have ever heard.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#5Glem3Posted 7/13/2013 1:25:00 PM

They're selling it at a loss, they're not ripping anyone off.

That said, I think they should drop it by 50$, but also supply a version without a game, and sell that for 250$.
#6darkjedilinkPosted 7/13/2013 1:25:42 PM
SychinLegacy posted...
The console needs games. Dropping the price will not speed up the release of the games coming out. It would accomplish nothing.

This. Without games, they could price it at $10 and it wouldn't sell.

The games will be there when the PS4 launches, however. A price drop may not be NEEDED, but with their release schedule combined with a $50 price drop, they'd clean house this holiday.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#7Go2ChurchPosted 7/13/2013 1:28:11 PM
I feel like a 50$ drop is a definite possibility for the holiday, but certainly not a guarantee.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#8ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 1:30:33 PM
SychinLegacy posted...

But it is getting games. Doing a price drop alongside Mario, MK and DK would be a very good strategy.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#9PsienceWinsPosted 7/13/2013 1:34:56 PM
darkjedilink posted...
SychinLegacy posted...

This. Without games, they could price it at $10 and it wouldn't sell.

The games will be there when the PS4 launches, however. A price drop may not be NEEDED, but with their release schedule combined with a $50 price drop, they'd clean house this holiday.

Yeah. I don't see how Nintendo has been able to stay afloat this long with only 5 games on the Wii U total.

NSMBU, MH3U, Nintendo Land, LEGO City Undercover, and NSLU aren't going to hold us over forever.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#10CyricsServantPosted 7/13/2013 1:39:10 PM
Glem3 posted...

They're selling it at a loss, they're not ripping anyone off.

That said, I think they should drop it by 50$, but also supply a version without a game, and sell that for 250$.

I agree with your solution. I'd actually be pretty interested in that $250 model. As soon as two or three games I want release, I'd probably snatch a Wii U up.

Now though, at its current price . . . I'm going to need about a dozen decent exclusives or so. $350 is a lot for a system with a double digit GB hard drive and average graphics . . . imo. That traditional controller also isn't a pack-in, which is a bummer.