Having owned SONY gaming devices, Nintendo feels behind the times...

#1Second_HokagePosted 7/13/2013 3:07:38 PM(edited)
I have a Wii U, i love it, i love nintendo and its first party games. However, it still feels like a very lazy console.

The specs of the Wii U are hilariously bad compared to the PS4, and its only $50 more.

Also, It doesn't have a unified store. The Wii U, Wii and 3DS shops each offer very different things, which is bad for consumers. If i can play my PS1 classics on my PS3, PSP, and VITA, not to mention almost all games in the psn store, except for device exclusives, i don't understand why i can't play NES, SNES, GBA, and N64 games on my wii u and 3ds. Obviously they are capable of running and playing those games. I should be able to play MOST* of everything on the shops on all Nintendo devices.

Also, the classic control isn't well implemented. No headphone jack, still need the gamepad in some games for keyboard and stuff, and no accessing the wii u menu with it. And its $50, which is hard to justify right now.. The only good thing is the battery life.

Coming from PS3, psp, and vita, it feels like Nintendo just doesn't get with the times, like they do things without consideration.

Its just my 2 cents. Again, i have a wii u, i can't wait for the games fall 2013 and 2014 games.
#2Dark_AbaddonPosted 7/13/2013 2:51:13 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
Also, the classic control isn't well implemented...no accessing the wii u menu with it.

you can access the Wii U menu. hit the X button to bring the menu onto the TV screen.
---
3DS FC: 1633-4342-9490
#3darkjedilinkPosted 7/13/2013 2:51:23 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
The specs of the Wii U are hilariously bad compared to the PS4, which is $50 cheaper.

Read this, laughed so hard I pooped, stopped reading.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#4METALINGUS5150Posted 7/13/2013 2:52:16 PM
Those are all good points, except I think you meant to say that the PS4 was 50 dollars more not cheaper, or I read it wrong.
Anyway, I heard Nintendo is working on an account system, so they are listening to some of the criticism people are making and hopefully they will implement those features sooner rather than later because delaying things more and more isn't going to help.
#5Tsutarja495Posted 7/13/2013 3:00:36 PM
"Having owned SONY gaming devices"
That's your problem, right there. If you only bought Nintendo systems like I do, you wouldn't have anything to compare to.
---
I'm not a gamer, I'm a Nintendrone. Here's proof I live to serve Nintendo:
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/Anonymous987654321/HNI_0030.jpg
#6FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/13/2013 3:00:58 PM
i start my wii u games with the pro controller all the time o.0. personally all consoles feel behind after i get done with a long PC gaming session, but once i step back into reality i can enjoy other consoles just as much.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#7squatch22Posted 7/13/2013 3:05:52 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
The specs of the Wii U are hilariously bad compared to the PS4, which is $50 cheaper.

---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8jsb0714Posted 7/13/2013 3:06:05 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
I have a Wii U, i love it, i love nintendo and its first party games. However, it still feels like a very lazy console.

And that's where I stopped.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#9big_pimperPosted 7/13/2013 3:07:32 PM
having owned sony gaming devices i can honestly say that they are lacking compared to a gaming pc.. i have to pay for the internet again? what? the graphics are trash compared to a pc and the power can't even compare, look at all the great sales i can get from steam right now... meanwhile i have to pay 60 dollars for internet.. i am a hardcore gamer elite though so have fun with your kiddie ps12345 lol!
---
Keep Hustlin' Cus
PC+Wii U Master Race
#10Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 3:07:59 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Second_Hokage posted...

Woops, brain fart. Fixed it :)