Having owned SONY gaming devices, Nintendo feels behind the times...

#61Ambassador_KongPosted 7/15/2013 10:08:33 AM
Guess someone didn't see this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFaKX2YnH0I

Yep, Sony proved that the Wii U is, in fact, next gen.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#62XechsPosted 7/15/2013 9:46:13 PM
just gonna bump this so ilovesmallhorse gets more irrate
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#63DarthFloatyPosted 7/15/2013 9:49:06 PM
Personally I disagree with most of what you say. After owning Sony systems, I'm fully satisfied with Nintendo systems. And lol @ Wii U specs being bad compared to the PS4. It's not as good, but their certainly on the same level console generation speaking.
#64enigmamjPosted 7/15/2013 11:49:52 PM
Sony makes dumb decisions as well. If you own a Vita, many ps1 games can't be directly downloaded onto the system. Oh but if you have a ps3 you can transfer it from there. Of course those who just own a Vita are screwed.

The ps2 "classics" on PSN are a joke unless you like garbage like Dora the Explorer.

Despite having Verizon Fios, it often feels like I am using dial up when using the PlayStation Store. The Store is a disorganized mess so the constant slow speeds and even error messages at times is frustrating. No wonder games like Skyrim run like poop on the ps3 since Sony can't even get their own friggin store to operate smoothly.

I do agree though that Nintendo needs to do a better job. Having GBA games on Wii U but not 3DS is absurd. They also need to get away from games being tied to a device. They also need to get with the times when it comes to multiplayer.
#65tuna-eggPosted 7/17/2013 1:44:55 AM
I don't understand how TC's arguments which I did not find fanboyish in the least -- just valid criticisms of the hardware's horsepower and lack of a unified account system -- could spark such rage from the Nintendo fanboys in this board. And TC even mentioned that he loves his Wii U. Sheesh.

- What's the point in denying the Wii U is underpowered compared to XBOne and PS4? Nintendo knows this. Devs know this. Consumers also know this. The people who care about Nintendo's games will still buy it regardless.

- Defending the lack of a unified account system because "I only ever buy Nintendo systems and I don't have experience in it" just...boggles the mind.

- Cross-buy on PSN is a bonus feature for *SOME* games. Why complain that not all games support the feature? Is there any other major game company that offers similar value for money? Does buying Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed on WiiU entitle you to the 3DS copy?

- Oh, I can't download Crash Bandicoot on my Vita! RAGE! Never mind that you download tons of other PS1 titles from PSN and play them on two PS3s, a PSP, and a Vita simultaneously--all for a one-time purchase.

Nintendo's competitors have streamlined many aspects in gaming (online, accounts system, no region locking, etc.) while Nintendo clings to clunkier systems. I had to jump through hoops to get my import 3DS running exactly the way I want it. If that isn't outdated, I don't know what is.

All the mindless ranting from WiiU fanboys has left a bad taste in my mouth. Worse than the Vita board. I don't have a Wii U as of the moment but when I get one, I'm going to stay away from this board as far as possible.
#66MyDogSkipPosted 7/17/2013 2:03:32 AM
I could care less about specs for the most part and I love Nintendo games, but they really need to get their account system and OSes in order. The 3DS and Wii U navigate menus and load games and whatnot at the pace of a snail, and it's absolutely ridiculous that my eShop "account" or wallet or whatever is separate between my 3DS and Wii U. They should really follow suit with Sony in those departments and keep doing what they've been doing with game development. eShop prices could use a cut, too. If I can get a PSone Classic for $5, why would I opt for a GB game at the same price? I'm not even going to bring Steam into the equation. Despite these flaws they do a great job in making games people want to play, and I enjoy the innovations they bring to the table.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#67LordBowserPosted 7/17/2013 5:18:06 AM
Having owned a gaming PC, every single console on the market besides the Wii U feels utterly pointless to own besides exclusive games, and no console (besides the Wii U) has impressive enough exclusives for me to buy it. Certainly not the Xboned.

Wii U is the only console with any innovation at all. This combined with its amazing exclusives makes me buy it when I should have, by all counts, given up on consoles by now. Nintendo gives me faith that gaming consoles should still exist.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#68Rasputin77Posted 7/17/2013 5:37:33 AM
Hi TC.

I'm either a self-absorbed child, or a self-absorbed man-child who thinks YOU care at which point I began to pout, fold my arms in protest, shake my head and stop reading your post. I will now inform you of where that point in your text was, because I know a) it matters, b) you care, and c) I will look so much cooler to complete strangers on the internet by doing so.

Also, It doesn't have a unified store. ^^ The Wii U, Wii and 3DS shops each offer very different things, which is bad for consumers.

"^^" is where I stopped reading. Well, that's not entirely true now... I kind of had to read the rest of it, since I copied and pasted. I mean, I didn't have to read it, but I did anyway. And now I wish I hadn't, because once again I need a change of underwear.

. . . =) But in all seriousness TC, I still think even my PS3 takes a dump on this thing, and I've not yet seen a single thing to suggest otherwise. About the time I am convinced, there will be a nice, new PS4 sitting next to it, blowing it out of the water, at which point it will once again be reduced to "the system we play when we have friends over", and the occasional "hey, I feel like playing that one game in Game & Wario that's worth a f***" moment.
---
7/11/13: I just got modded for flaming a hypothetical character I made up in my head.
XD -- This site has officially reached new heights.
#69pikachupwnagePosted 7/17/2013 5:41:22 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
The specs of the Wii U are hilariously bad compared to the PS4, which is $50 cheaper.

Read this, laughed so hard I pooped, stopped reading.

---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://i.imgur.com/02XUtBK.gif
*Insert snarky comment*