I feel like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be the same as the Wii U.

#41VanderZooPosted 7/14/2013 10:00:54 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Preorders mean nohting, wii u got a ton. The preorders are only die hard fans, that will buy anything the company releases. Those are few compared to the rest of the world. Specially with systems that don't have BC, makes for very little reason for many people to upgrade right away. As a lot of people do trade in their old system to make it easier on them to get the next one.

When they break Amazon pre-orders, that's more than just fanboys. Fanboy is the wrong word anyway, early adopters is the proper term for people buying consoles this early. Fanboy has a lot of other connotations that I don't think are relevant. Have a read of this article:

http://www.hypable.com/2013/07/12/ps4-and-xbox-one-preorders-halted/

And I don't think BC will effect the sales of PS4/Xbox in any significant way. According to MS's polling, less than 5% of gamers use BC. It's a nice feature but at the end of the day people buy next gen consoles to play next gen games.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#42FayeLadyPosted 7/14/2013 10:04:34 AM
VanderZoo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Preorders mean nohting, wii u got a ton. The preorders are only die hard fans, that will buy anything the company releases. Those are few compared to the rest of the world. Specially with systems that don't have BC, makes for very little reason for many people to upgrade right away. As a lot of people do trade in their old system to make it easier on them to get the next one.

When they break Amazon pre-orders, that's more than just fanboys. Fanboy is the wrong word anyway, early adopters is the proper term for people buying consoles this early. Fanboy has a lot of other connotations that I don't think are relevant. Have a read of this article:

And I don't think BC will effect the sales of PS4/Xbox in any significant way. According to MS's polling, less than 5% of gamers use BC. It's a nice feature but at the end of the day people buy next gen consoles to play next gen games.

I'm sure its true less than 5% of people use BC on Xbox. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar on Nintendo's consoles as well. Playstation is the only one where lack of BC is a loss because they continue to support the old console well into the life of the next.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#43TheMisfit88Posted 7/14/2013 10:04:43 AM
geneticsftw posted...
Sony peeps are guided by blind loyalty, you could put moldy bread in the box and they would praise it.

Lmao. Really? Same could be said about any fanboy.

Also, I don't remember much, if any hype for the wii u. All I remember are a lot of people questioning the gamepad.
---
Fiend for Life
#44LightHawKnightPosted 7/14/2013 10:10:39 AM
VanderZoo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Maybe, but a lot of those people who buy that early with little to no knowledge of what is to come is a fanboy.

Anyways BC effect the sales a lot. It always will. It actually gives a new console some form of a library, which people want when buying a system. Games to play! Though not everyone is a smart shopper and think of the amount of games that can be played, but there are enough that it does matter.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#45geneticsftwPosted 7/14/2013 10:17:12 AM
TheMisfit88 posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Sony peeps are guided by blind loyalty, you could put moldy bread in the box and they would praise it.

Also, I don't remember much, if any hype for the wii u. All I remember are a lot of people questioning the gamepad.

Agree, funny isn't it!
---
Sweet
#46VanderZooPosted 7/14/2013 10:17:37 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Maybe, but a lot of those people who buy that early with little to no knowledge of what is to come is a fanboy.

Anyways BC effect the sales a lot. It always will. It actually gives a new console some form of a library, which people want when buying a system. Games to play! Though not everyone is a smart shopper and think of the amount of games that can be played, but there are enough that it does matter.

Do you have any polling or data to back that up? Because all the polling suggest otherwise, and in my personal experience, BC isn't a factor.

Like I said, people buy next gen consoles for next gen games, once you make the decision to go next gen, the ability to play old games isn't very important. It's a convenient feature, but not a determining one.

The fact that many 360 owners are planning on going PS4 next gen is further proof of that.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#47VanderZooPosted 7/14/2013 10:24:48 AM
And don't get me wrong, I wish the PS4 did have BC, but honestly, like I'm not going to get a PS4 because it can't play PS3 games. I think it's good Wii U has BC, but when I do eventually get a WIi U, I don't foresee myself playing any old Wii games.

I used my PS3 to play God of War 2 and half of FFX... And both of those games ended up getting HD remakes anyway lol.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
#48TheMisfit88Posted 7/14/2013 11:20:40 AM
geneticsftw posted...
TheMisfit88 posted...
geneticsftw posted...

Agree, funny isn't it!

Painfully so.
---
Fiend for Life
#49Nether_RulerPosted 7/14/2013 11:45:51 AM(edited)
TheMisfit88 posted...

There was hardly any hype for the wii u during its release.

Went to Game Stop a few days after the Wii U's announcement and found that they were sold out.

The manager asked if I wanted to be put on the waitlist and I agreed.

On launch day I got a call asking if I wanted to pick up a deluxe version but at that point I already lost interest. After going by the store later I saw that hardly anyone picked up their pre-orders.

Even scalpers with multiple Wii U consoles had a hard time trying to at least break even on Ebay...

There's a difference between how the public perceives the Wii U and PS4/Xbox One.

Not too long ago my brother and his friends thought the Wii U was just an accessory for the Wii.

PS4 and Xbox One are being marketed as a true next gen experience
while the Wii U's marketing has been quite...lackluster.

Record breaking pre-order sales for the PS4 and Xbox One along with the focus of strong launch lineups should make anyone see that they will
have a different end result than what the Wii U is facing now.

---
Powdered Toast Man
#50GodofLazinessPosted 7/14/2013 11:55:05 AM
VanderZoo posted...
LightHawKnight posted...

Do you have any polling or data to back that up? Because all the polling suggest otherwise, and in my personal experience, BC isn't a factor.

Like I said, people buy next gen consoles for next gen games, once you make the decision to go next gen, the ability to play old games isn't very important. It's a convenient feature, but not a determining one.

The fact that many 360 owners are planning on going PS4 next gen is further proof of that.

I'm pretty certain they're migrating to the PS4 because Microsoft anti consumer policy left a bad taste in their mouth.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair