Which console name is worse, Wii U or Xbox One?

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 7/13/2013 9:32:01 PM
IMO they are okay. I personally would have gone with Super Wii and Xbox Infinity though.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around. - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#12LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/13/2013 9:41:31 PM
Neither one makes any sense to me.

Xbox One is just...ok? Why not call it the Xbox? Apple gets away with it.

Wii was clever and cute but I don't understand what the "U" was supposed to signify.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#13kinglink13Posted 7/13/2013 10:08:05 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Neither one makes any sense to me.

Xbox One is just...ok? Why not call it the Xbox? Apple gets away with it.

Wii was clever and cute but I don't understand what the "U" was supposed to signify.

"U" is supposed to mean a console for "U", example it has the games "U" want, etc.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#14MMaestroPosted 7/13/2013 10:09:11 PM
Both are bad, but Xbox One is worse.
#15MercurysMessagePosted 7/13/2013 10:16:53 PM
geneticsftw posted...
Playstation, sounds like a toy for toddlers.

^
Oh look a fanboy. Wii u and Xbox one are both bad. A lot of people think Wii u is just a Wii accessory, and XBOne can easily be made fun of and is hard to distinguish from the first. They are both equally terrible.
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#16geneticsftwPosted 7/13/2013 10:19:40 PM
MercurysMessage posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Playstation, sounds like a toy for toddlers.

^
Oh look a fanboy. Wii u and Xbox one are both bad. A lot of people think Wii u is just a Wii accessory, and XBOne can easily be made fun of and is hard to distinguish from the first. They are both equally terrible.

Oh look a troll.
---
Sweet
#17Hi CPosted 7/13/2013 10:25:40 PM
Both are terrible from both a general perspective and a business savvy perspective.

Neither one makes it specifically clear that it is a new and better console, confusing the consumer. WiiU being the bigger offender of the two.

Really bad moves here all around.
---
You'll be my John G.
#18kdognumba1Posted 7/13/2013 10:36:13 PM
Halladay32 posted...
Both are bad, Xbox One is worse though. There are very few game consoles that I think have good names though (mainly Sega consoles, now that I think about it...)

This x10!! Personally Sega was the only company that actually put thought into their names.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#19_Sovereign_Posted 7/14/2013 7:10:29 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
Xbox One is just confusing given that everyone basically refers to the original Xbox as the Xbox 1, and the Wii U at times has me thinking of the expression pee-yew / PU that indicates a foul smell since the pronunciation is the exact same minus the starting consonant sound. There's also the fact that neither of those names clearly indicate console succession.

The name "problems" are simply a product of consumer ignorance. You said it yourself, people call the Xbox, Xbox 1....things have names for a reason, and if I'm talking about the Xbox, I say the Xbox, if you get confused then sorry but try to keep up. Being ignorant is not an excuse.

Nobody gets confused when it's something they're interested in, and when they don't have an interest or they have hate for a particular brand, then is when assumptions get drawn. Case in point, when the iPhone 4S launched I couldn't tell you the difference....but all my Apple friends could.

The only time when this could be applied would have to have been when SEGA released all those add-ons for the Genesis.

Also, let's say for some reason the names do confuse you and you're not intelligent enough ( IF you're interested) to google it....when you see it in a store, and watch the demo unit, and look at the game case...if that doesn't kick off to you that its a brand new system then wow, might as well lose hope in the human race.

Don't defend people that use the wrong terms intentionally and aren't smart enough to use common sense, you're only weakening our stance as intelligent beings.
---
I do not return to topics. I say my peace and move on. If you draw issues with what I say, then by all means, inbox me.
#20guedesbrawlPosted 7/14/2013 7:15:46 AM
One, because it's an outright lie.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6