Chances of the SF4 update hitting Wii U/3DS?

#1HerPandaPosted 7/13/2013 9:49:34 PM
It's probably pretty slim... if they announce any more details about platforms tomorrow could someone post it here please? I'd probably miss the info otherwise, thanks. If not I'll grab it for the PC since it's getting it too :P but I'd rather support Capcom on the Wii U if possible.
#2JMC611Posted 7/13/2013 9:56:09 PM
HerPanda posted...
It's probably pretty slim... if they announce any more details about platforms tomorrow could someone post it here please? I'd probably miss the info otherwise, thanks. If not I'll grab it for the PC since it's getting it too :P but I'd rather support Capcom on the Wii U if possible.

I doubt it. It's just DLC for SSF4 isn't it? I doubt they go to the expense of making it for another console. I don't even think they'll even make a PS4 or Xbone version.
#3TomoEK9Posted 7/13/2013 9:58:45 PM
Its not getting a retail release, download only. So either DLC for 15 bucks or download it for 40.

I highly doubt it will get a Wii U release since its just an update and 4/6 characters are already made for them. A PC release may not even happen or will happen months down the line since PC isn't a major platform for fighting games and tends to receive the least support.
#4HerPanda(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 10:11:05 PM
^it's coming to PC and retail side, at least according to the below link. I'm still waiting a while before preordering in case they make a suprise announcement again tomorrow or something, which isn't too far out there since they ported SSF4 to the 3DS. Still, it's a stretch, but here's to luck I suppose.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/13/4520896/super-street-fighter-4-getting-five-new-characters-in-2014
#5TomoEK9Posted 7/13/2013 10:15:53 PM
HerPanda posted...
^it's coming to PC and retail side, at least according to the below link. I'm still waiting a while before preordering in case they make a suprise announcement again tomorrow or something, which isn't too far out there since they ported SSF4 to the 3DS. Still, it's a stretch, but here's to luck I suppose.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/13/4520896/super-street-fighter-4-getting-five-new-characters-in-2014

Retail copy was recently announced then. Their original unveil didn't mention a retail copy, only DLC and download.
#6lp913Posted 7/13/2013 10:31:59 PM(edited)
I say pretty good, actually 50/50 at worst...The previous game made a 3DS appearance, It should be very similar to the 3DS one (minus the the touch keys Special/Super/Ultra combos on the touch screen).

Plus Capcom seems to be playing it safe with platforms in general these days, so they're sticking with the tried and true and they have pretty good experience with Wii U's online in both Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Resident Evil Revelations.....Iwata did state that there are still unannounced third party games for Wii U in development, and considering the already strong partnership with Capcom, this is one title I sure wouldn't doubt.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#7cruddy kongPosted 7/13/2013 10:41:49 PM
Geez, another update? I stopped playing just before AE was announced. They need to just let that game be like they did Ultimate Marvel.
---
"Many young boys died at my burning fists"
PSN: WPhillyBoss22