The industry completely lost it's will to create and to be free artistically

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The industry completely lost it's will to create and to be free artistically
2 years ago#1
Wii U is proof of this.
2 years ago#2
I think you are just looking in the wrong place. Between games with heavy player created content like LBP and Project SparK and the lower barrier of entry on stuff like Android/Ouya, games are more creative now than ever before. Even licensed games play around with genre a bit. There was a time where every licensed game was a platformer.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
2 years ago#3
FayeLady posted...
I think you are just looking in the wrong place. Between games with heavy player created content like LBP and Project SparK and the lower barrier of entry on stuff like Android/Ouya, games are more creative now than ever before. Even licensed games play around with genre a bit. There was a time where every licensed game was a platformer.

Lbp? Wtf? The nes had games with level editors.
2 years ago#4
FayeLady posted...
There was a time where every licensed game was a First Person Shooter.

Fixed.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
2 years ago#5
ilovesmallhorse posted...
FayeLady posted...

Yes, and their network for sharing those creations at the time was just keen...
Access is key. Being able to mess with your own levels is a huge step, but being able to tap into the creativeness of the community at large is a far bigger one.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
2 years ago#6
FayeLady posted...
FayeLady posted...

Access is key. Being able to mess with your own levels is a huge step, but being able to tap into the creativeness of the community at large is a far bigger one.

User stuff does not proof my op wrong
2 years ago#7
FayeLady posted...
FayeLady posted...

User stuff does not proof my op wrong

I think it does. Because of access. There is a much lower bar between "User stuff" and other content. The fact that we have easy access to tools means we get a lot more quirky titles from people who would not have been able to get their idea out without the help of a mega company like a Nintendo of an Activision in the past. That said, I don't think your small post did much to state why you think as you do.
---
2 years ago#8
Creative users are not part of the industry, are they?
2 years ago#9
Creative users are not part of the industry, are they?

Depends on what define as the industry. Indie developers, able to self publish are very much part of the industry and I would say they are more likely to set the world on fire with a new idea than a large company. If you had said that large companies are losing the will bother with artistic creation that would be different, but that just makes users seek it out other places or create it themselves.
---
2 years ago#10
I still stand by my OP. Indies ARE part of the industry, but all they do is retro stuff. Where is the will to be creative with the new possibilities of the wii U? Why is every game on the ps 4 a rehash? It botters me.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The industry completely lost it's will to create and to be free artistically

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived