The Legend of Zelda: Official Collector's Edition Guide Box Set Announced

#1QuagsireQingPosted 7/14/2013 9:22:31 AM
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0804161380/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda™ themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

• An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda™ series.

• A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda™ strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

• The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

• All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

• For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set.

• The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

• This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

Even thought I've owned a few of these guides in the past (all were sold when I sold the games), I'll be picking up this set. In fact, I may be tempted to play through Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword again for a new experience with these new, expanded guides (I know the Twilight Princess guide was expanded before, but I used Nintendo Power's back in the day). The price per guide is great, considering these are all the hardcover, gold-gilded Collector's Edition guides. For those who wished that Ocarina of Time 3D had had a Collector's Edition guide when it was released, here it is (a couple years late).

The product features don't give the same consideration to the Wind Waker guide, which means that the guide will probably be a brand-new guide, and not a reprint of the 2003 one, and will be released individually around the same time as The Wind Waker HD.

And what could've been added to the Skyward Sword guide to expand it by 100 pages? I don't recall any glaringly obvious omissions.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#2Rupin_SalesmanPosted 7/14/2013 9:23:43 AM
Damn it Prima, I thought I was done with you and your fancy books.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#3squatch22Posted 7/14/2013 9:25:09 AM
Tempting.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#4Rockman043Posted 7/14/2013 9:51:33 AM
LOL What a coincidence, it's only for the games that are currently available at retail. Here I thought they'd actually do something cool and make it for all the games dating back to the NES
#5FayeLadyPosted 7/14/2013 9:54:11 AM
Wow. I like gaming books, but 180 dollars buys a lot of games. That is way to rich for my blood.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6gfaqsterPosted 7/14/2013 9:57:17 AM
So it basically includes some of the worst Zelda games of all time?
---
We live to make the impossible possible!
-Lightning-
#7QuagsireQing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 12:22:22 PM
FayeLady posted...
Wow. I like gaming books, but 180 dollars buys a lot of games. That is way to rich for my blood.

$180, what? *looks at Amazon.com* Holy crud. I've never seen Amazon.ca offer better deals before.

gfaqster posted...

Metacritic rankings:

#1. Ocarina of Time
#2. The Wind Waker
#3. Twilight Princess
#4. Majora's Mask
#5. A Link to the Past
#6. Ocarina of Time 3D
#7. Skyward Sword
#8. Phantom Hourglass
#9. Minish Cap
#10. Spirit Tracks
#11. Four Swords Adventures

So it basically includes some of the best Zelda games of all time. In fact, it is perfectly split between the best and the worst.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#8ZvolTxPosted 7/14/2013 12:33:27 PM
QuagsireQing posted...
FayeLady posted...

$180, what? *looks at Amazon.com* Holy crud. I've never seen Amazon.ca offer better deals before.

gfaqster posted...

Metacritic rankings:

#1. Ocarina of Time
#2. Twilight Princess
#3. The Wind Waker
#4. Majora's Mask
#5. A Link to the Past
#6. Ocarina of Time 3D
#7. Skyward Sword
#8. Phantom Hourglass
#9. Minish Cap
#10. Spirit Tracks
#11. Four Swords Adventures

So it basically includes some of the best Zelda games of all time. In fact, it is perfectly split between the best and the worst.

There you go, you have TP and WW backwards. Both have 96 for critic scores, but TP has a higher user score.
---
President of the Zelda Wii U Board
http://i.imgur.com/g1SjbEw.jpg
#9poo111111111111Posted 7/14/2013 12:34:03 PM
I wonder if this means we'll see Wind Waker get a separate release alongside the game.

If it's the one I think it is the Skyward Sword guide was beautifully done.
#10QuagsireQing(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 12:40:07 PM
poo111111111111 posted...
I wonder if this means we'll see Wind Waker get a separate release alongside the game.

If it's the one I think it is the Skyward Sword guide was beautifully done.

The Wind Waker will receive a separate release a month prior to this box set. GameStop has listings for a regular one, and a Collector's Edition, pictured here at EB Games Australia:

https://www.ebgames.com.au/loot-163071-The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Wind-Waker-Collectors-Edition-Official-Strategy-Guide-Loot
---
--S. Miyamoto