Having played nintendo games, sony games seem behind the times...

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Having played nintendo games, sony games seem behind the times...
2 years ago#51
ilovesmallhorse posted...
Wii U focuses on games, sony focuses on... ???

the WiiU has to actually have games for this statement to hold any merit.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
2 years ago#52
In regards to the companies' focuses I was talking about this with my girlfriend last night. I think it's weird how everyone is focused on specs now. I remember every generation leading up to this you didn't really see such heavy focus on specs. As we approached diminishing returns it's funny you see the focus geared MORE towards specs .

When I was a kid, we always argued about the games. We loved both systems and wanted both but it was the games that we'd argue about - Who's better Sonic or Mario. Or which controller was better. The most it ever got to was about the graphics. And even then it was about bits which no one understood to begin with. And we really didn't care because we were focused on the actually games with said graphics.

I have a feeling that this playground mentality has been transferred to mostly spec talk and has been mutated and amplified by the media. I mean look at who now runs some of the big gaming sites. CBS, Viacom and formerly Newscorp. These are media corporations that deal with marketing and reporting on sports and major news. So their investment in these sites shows their influence as well.

I don't know I guess I just miss the old days. Ah well.
2 years ago#53
Pigfarts posted...
Bright colors and platformer rehashes are no innovative.

Very few games ARE innovative in this day and age. And when they rarely are, they aren't always fun.

Innovative seems like some marketing buzzword that has made it into the modern video game enthusiast's lingo through some Inception type suggestive marketing.
2 years ago#54
jragon23 posted...
Nintendo focuses on 20 year old games lol

Eehm no they don't but anyway, nintendo's 20 yo games are better than sony games.

I enjoyed Uncharted quite a bit more than all these safe lazy sequels Nintendo has been banging out over the last 2 gens.

In the last decade Ive played only 2 truly incredible Nintendo games. Metroid Prime and Mario Galaxy... thats it. Every single Mario Kart is a rehash of the previous, and although I loved OoT and WW, I totally lost interest with TP and SS, both of which I couldnt muster up the motivation to actually finish. Both bored me to tears.

But Ive played a bunch of Sony exclusives that I thought were really great over the last 10 years.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
2 years ago#55
trenken posted...
jragon23 posted...

Eehm no they don't but anyway, nintendo's 20 yo games are better than sony games.

I enjoyed Uncharted quite a bit more than all these safe lazy sequels Nintendo has been banging out over the last 2 gens.

In the last decade Ive played only 2 truly incredible Nintendo games. Metroid Prime and Mario Galaxy... thats it. Every single Mario Kart is a rehash of the previous, and although I loved OoT and WW, I totally lost interest with TP and SS, both of which I couldnt muster up the motivation to actually finish. Both bored me to tears.

But Ive played a bunch of Sony exclusives that I thought were really great over the last 10 years.

Tell me. Why do you post on the wii U board, being a biased pony? Nobody believes your lies here.
2 years ago#56
trenken posted...
jragon23 posted...

so Uncharted isn't a lazy sequel? lmao, sure thing buddy releasing the same exact game 5 times over and putting a number next to it isn't lazy.
2 years ago#57
HayashiTakara posted...
lmao, sure thing buddy releasing the same exact game 5 times over and putting a number next to it isn't lazy.

lolwut sounds like Nintendo...

With that being said, Uncharted and Naughty Dog studios is garbage, IMO.
2 years ago#58
cavebear56 posted...
Sony focuses on...

Making poor decisions.

Most recently, this has also become a big part of Nintendo's focus.

Sony sheep will buy anything. They are the epitome of pathetic and blind consumers.
These zealots actually defend business choices that are free on other equivalent and superior options!

As this topic has shown shown with most posts, the Sony fanbase has many brainless zombies that defend Sony's many failures with mouth frothing zealotry.

Wow. You could totally insert "Nintendo" everywhere you see "Sony"......and this will still be completely true.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
2 years ago#59
They're all great games! Having a broad range of games to play allows you to get a real sense of what this artistic medium pushing:)
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
2 years ago#60
Godstriker8 posted...
If you don't like at least some of Sony's games, you don't like games period.

ratchet,sly and jak are awesome and only sony franchises i enjoy
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Having played nintendo games, sony games seem behind the times...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived