Do you think we'll get street fighter 5?

#1Squall28Posted 7/14/2013 2:22:57 PM
Or any good fighting games.
---
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
#2squatch22Posted 7/14/2013 2:24:25 PM
Maybe when they make SF5 in about 10 years after another half dozen SF4 versions.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#3SegavsCapcomPosted 7/14/2013 2:28:28 PM
I don't think so. The Wii had a very poor selection of fighting games. Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Brawl were the only two that were good.

However, I hope that the Wii U does get good fighting games. Street Fighter would be good, but so would BlazBlue, Mortal Kombat, and Virtua Fighter. Maybe a Capcom vs title, but MvC3 was disappointing.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#4Squall28(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 2:35:37 PM
Well the Wii was a lot weaker than the other consoles. I think that's why we got TvC instead of MvC. Hopefully it won't be as bad this gen.
---
If you're going through hell, keep going.
-Winston Churchill
#5squatch22Posted 7/14/2013 2:37:38 PM
3DS got a version of SF4 so im guessing they could have put it on Wii too.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#6SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/14/2013 2:45:46 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I don't think so. The Wii had a very poor selection of fighting games. Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Brawl were the only two that were good.

However, I hope that the Wii U does get good fighting games. Street Fighter would be good, but so would BlazBlue, Mortal Kombat, and Virtua Fighter. Maybe a Capcom vs title, but MvC3 was disappointing.

I was so disappointed with MvC3 it wasn't funny as I was a HUGE MvC1, and MvC2 fan(seriously I spent a ton of money in the arcade playing them).
Was even disappointed with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom as it seems capcom just made controls easier across the board. I so miss low medium, and high punch/kick buttons.
#7SegavsCapcomPosted 7/14/2013 2:52:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

I was so disappointed with MvC3 it wasn't funny as I was a HUGE MvC1, and MvC2 fan(seriously I spent a ton of money in the arcade playing them).
Was even disappointed with Tatsunoko Vs Capcom as it seems capcom just made controls easier across the board. I so miss low medium, and high punch/kick buttons.

I wasn't disappointed in the controls; I liked them. The reason MvC3 was disappointing was because it was bare bones. TvC kept me around with plenty of playable modes. MvC3 didn't.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#8DTY3Posted 7/14/2013 4:13:02 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

The Clash of Ninja series says hi.

Other than that though, yeah no good fighting games.

However Wii U has at least Injustice and a superior version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. So yeah. Theres that.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#9TeepotPosted 7/14/2013 4:31:29 PM
I don't recall the length of time between SF2 and SF3 but it was pretty darned long. SF3 to SF4 was also a fairly long wait, and with a new version of SSF4 AE coming out, I think it'll be a while yet before 5 comes around. Who knows, though? It's pretty unlikely but maybe Capcom will bring that new SSF4 over to the Wii U.
---
Avast! Hold tight your buns if buns you do hold dear, for time has come to wake and run and not give way to fear!
#10trenkenPosted 7/14/2013 4:35:04 PM
Squall28 posted...
Well the Wii was a lot weaker than the other consoles. I think that's why we got TvC instead of MvC. Hopefully it won't be as bad this gen.

Yes, except that SF5 is probably years away, would be for the PS4 and X1, which means it would probably never work for the U.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero