Can you play your wii vc games on the wii U?

#1skiguy1981Posted 7/14/2013 4:38:26 PM
Just wondering if I buy a wii U can I redownload everything on my wii u.

Thanks all
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#2shayminguy7Posted 7/14/2013 4:39:36 PM
Yep. They transfer over along with all of your save files from games when you do a system transfer.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3136 - 6594 - 8429
Name: Tyler
#3Stink_ApePosted 7/14/2013 4:41:32 PM
You need to do a system transfer (Wii to Wii U) and they need to be played in Wii Mode. Some VC games can be played using Wii U features but you need to upgrade for a small fee.
---
NNID:Skunk_Ape
http://i.imgur.com/1mQDO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/0HcWR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MXLXOt2.gif
#4skiguy1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 4:44:07 PM
Stink_Ape posted...
You need to do a system transfer (Wii to Wii U) and they need to be played in Wii Mode. Some VC games can be played using Wii U features but you need to upgrade for a small fee.

my wii just broke, Do I need it to be running to do a system transfer or is it all done online?
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#5Dark_Link604Posted 7/14/2013 4:51:43 PM
You need to download a transfer program on your Wii so it needs to be working.
#6NejiHyuga900Posted 7/14/2013 5:00:26 PM
skiguy1981 posted...
Stink_Ape posted...

my wii just broke, Do I need it to be running to do a system transfer or is it all done online?

If your Wii broke try to get Nintendo to fix it but if you can't contact them, then you are screwed and have to buy them again. Wii content cannot be transferred over online.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 7/15/2013 2:56:49 PM
Also, I wish people wouldn't use those terms.

To avoid any confusion...

The Virtual Console on the Wii (which includes the Wii Menu on the Wii U) is a completely different library to the Virtual Console on the Wii U itself.

The way people keep saying "upgrade for a fee", is misleading.

What happens is, when games are re-released on the Wii U's VC, there will be a normal price.

However, if you happen to ALSO have that game, on your Wii Menu, ON the same Wii U, THEN, the Wii U version, will be reduced.

So instead of saying "upgrade for a fee", why can't people say "buy it from the Wii U's eShop for a reduced price"?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#8Ryan SiPosted 7/15/2013 3:00:19 PM
Nin3DSFan posted...

The Virtual Console on the Wii (which includes the Wii Menu on the Wii U) is a completely different library to the Virtual Console on the Wii U itself.

What happens is, when games are re-released on the Wii U's VC, there will be a normal price.

However, if you happen to ALSO have that game, on your Wii Menu, ON the same Wii U, THEN, the Wii U version, will be reduced.

So instead of saying "upgrade for a fee", why can't people say "buy it from the Wii U's eShop for a reduced price"?

You sound like a political strategist. "Let's soften our words so it doesn't sound like we're doing what we are actually doing, mmkay?"
---
Fav. Games of Generation: Portal 2 (PC), Xenoblade (Wii), 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
Nintendo Fanboys: Doesn't get any more pathetic
#9amldPosted 7/15/2013 3:28:22 PM
Ryan Si posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...

You sound like a political strategist. "Let's soften our words so it doesn't sound like we're doing what we are actually doing, mmkay?"

Thats exactly the opposite of what he said, he cleared up the facts so TC won't get an unclear response.
#10Ryan SiPosted 7/15/2013 5:16:30 PM
amld posted...
Ryan Si posted...
Nin3DSFan posted...

Thats exactly the opposite of what he said, he cleared up the facts so TC won't get an unclear response.

"Upgrade for a fee" is the same thing as "buy it from Wii U's eShop for a reduced price." It's literally the exact same process. It's just worded differently, which is where the political strategist comment came in.
---
Fav. Games of Generation: Portal 2 (PC), Xenoblade (Wii), 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
Nintendo Fanboys: Doesn't get any more pathetic