Why doesn't nintendo make traditional modern games?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 7/15/2013 12:32:06 PM
By that I mean games that are cinematic, have nice visuals,have story telling and voice acting. They finally have a console that is decent enough to have those things and yet they refuse. Well at least we know that we won't have any games with incredible graphics because nintendo has trouble making hd games due to starting a generation behind everyone.

It makes me understand why people want nintendo to go third party or make ios games because alot of their games are very simplistic in nature with the visuals and gameplay and rarely take advantage of hardware.
---
NNID Mstorm
#2sentoworfPosted 7/15/2013 12:33:04 PM
I'm taking the bait.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#3ZeroArcheryPosted 7/15/2013 12:39:24 PM
I'll take the bait.

Because we have two other consoles that do it well. We don't need a third.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#4Glem3Posted 7/15/2013 12:44:01 PM
By that I mean games that are cinematic, have nice visuals,have story telling and voice acting. They finally have a console that is decent enough to have those things and yet they refuse. Well at least we know that we won't have any games with incredible graphics because nintendo has trouble making hd games due to starting a generation behind everyone.

It makes me understand why people want nintendo to go third party or make ios games because alot of their games are very simplistic in nature with the visuals and gameplay and rarely take advantage of hardware.

Many nintendo games have nice visuals and story telling. Never played Super Mario Galaxy [visuals] or any LoZ game [storytelling]? Nintendo games have had voice acting on numerous occasions, but a lot of times it doesn't make sense. Super Mario Sunshine had voice acting and it sounded bad and cheesy. Same with Metroid: Other M. More recently, Pikmin 3 has voice acting (for the intro).

It's hard to give classic, beloved characters voices when they've been silent for 20 years. No one will be happy. Also, the idea of giving characters in games like Zelda, Mario, or even Animal Crossing which is heavy in dialogue just feels off.

Saying we won't have any games with incredible graphics is silly, it's the first year of the Wii U and we've already seen stuff like Mario Kart 8, which looks fantastic.
#5squatch22Posted 7/15/2013 12:46:46 PM
Traditional

Modern.

Pick one.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#6soarcadiaPosted 7/15/2013 12:47:19 PM
Traditional modern games.
---
Skies of arcadia>>>>>>>>>>> final fantasy 7
#7userfrigginamePosted 7/15/2013 12:49:13 PM
"traditional modern games." Oxymoron much? btw, you need a life, man. You spend way too much time making Wii U topics.
#8Jacob46719Posted 7/15/2013 12:49:53 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
By that I mean games that are cinematic

I don't want to play an interactive movie, I want to play a game!
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#9Pac12345Posted 7/15/2013 1:02:42 PM
A better question would be why is it that people like you (TC) have this obsession with spectacle?. Why do you feel that modern games need to have huge scope? Why is it that you need to see and watch big blockbuster productions in order to consider a game "modern? As if they were worth the title because they have "huge open worlds", "voice acting", "epic/deep story", f****** online multiplayer! (Because we all know games cannot be considered good or worthy without this).

Why can't you enjoy simplicity? Why don't people like you consider simplicity worthy?

And it's not just Nintendo.

Have you played 999, the DS game? It's got better story, character development, plot and gameplay than any other major blockbuster title out there. The best par? It's all text and still pictures. Kind of like a graphic novel or a comic book. Ask any person who knows this game and they will lecture you on how good it is.

Why is it then that a simple "point-and-click" game turned out to be better than say, Uncharted 3 (Disappointing story) or FFXIII (One of the most boring games. Characters make choices that make no sense, unexplained elements, horrible game play, loli characters; talk about cliche characters and rehashes, etc.).

Maybe it's not the size of the production you should be focusing on, TC, but rather the product itself.
#10Lousy_FellowPosted 7/15/2013 1:06:47 PM
Nintendo makes games, not interactive movies.
---
Why do you play games you don't enjoy? Are you a masochist?
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff514/Skull182-2/FutureofDLC.jpg