Digital Deluxe Promotion Question

#1Bowser05Posted 7/15/2013 2:11:33 PM
Ok, so I want to purchase Pikmin 3 digital but I'm at an impasse. I have extra store credit at Gamestop that I want to use to get Pikmin 3, but I want to get it digital there so I get the day early access, get the rewards points AND get the DDP money. If I purchase it at gamestop then register the code on my Wii U will it still count as the 60 spent for the DDP or am I going to have to wait a day and just get the eShop money instead? Thanks ahead of time.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
Still waiting for Nintendo to release Mother 3 in the US...
#2ZeroArcheryPosted 7/15/2013 2:13:35 PM
I beleive you'd be paying the $60 to GameStop, so it would not apply to your DDP.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#3Bowser05(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 2:31:59 PM
Well does anybody know from experience? Because if I pay Gamestop for eShop cards I still get rewards points and I still get DDP...that's why I'm curious if this is the same.
---
Playing:Dragon Age 2,LBP,K:CC,FFXIII,Gears3,Borderlands,PkMnW,DKCR,Halo Reach,Assassin's Creed
#4KinCryosPosted 7/16/2013 12:31:21 AM
don't worry, it will count

accepted methods:

Purchase direct at the Nintendo eShop
Purchase a download code at a store
Purchase a download code at an online retailer

source: https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/
#5AtomicMenacePosted 7/16/2013 12:45:59 AM
Oh snap. Speaking of the Digital Deluxe Promotion... was I supposed to register something? I bought the Deluxe Wii U a month back and I recall being too anxious to play to find time to read pamphlets or other documentation that may or may not have come with it. How do I get this promotion thing rolling? I need to buy Luigi U soon.
#6Thunderbird8Posted 7/16/2013 2:13:21 AM
You do not need to register for the Digital Deluxe Promotion. You get points from the get go when you purchase downloadable games on the eShop from a Deluxe Wii U. These points are assigned to the Nintendo Network ID used (as you need a NNID to purchase and download content from the eShop).

You can check your points and redeem $5 eShop cards at http://ddp.nintendo.com
#7Bowser05(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 6:57:55 PM
Thank you so much KinKryos. You made my day. That means I still get my day early and everything! You are awesome!
---