Pikmin 3 scores 9.2

#31StephenYap3Posted 7/16/2013 6:29:38 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
Not having online should never be a con.

This.

This a billion.
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#32geneticsftwPosted 7/16/2013 7:32:15 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
dancing_cactuar posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

While I wouldn't say NEVER, in this case, it definitely is not a con.

It's a con in this case. Miyamoto said that he couldn't get the online working and blamed it on the graphical power because he wanted the game to look pretty. Any other dev than Nintendo would have gotten it working and not just dropped online play. Besides, he went on to say that you just can't communicate well enough online in any situation for a game like Pikmin despite the better part of a decade Xbox Live having games with voice chat that prove you can and the Wii U shipping with mic functions built into the controller. On top of that, it's kind of a sad excuse to build the game for a multiplayer component and just keep it local because you can't get the online running.

I'm not saying it's a bad game—it looks fantastic actually—but Miyamoto basically said that the online was dropped due to incompetence and then displayed how he didn't understand how voice chat in online gaming works.

Any other dev wouldn't have made it for the wii u
---
Sweet
#33_FalstaffPosted 7/16/2013 7:51:36 AM
These guys are well known fakes. They've released reviews well before any other reviewer has had a copy of the game they are reviewing, such as Lego City, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Minis on the Move, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, etc. They also never use original footage. It's always footage taken from previous videos.

Don't post fake reviews if you want to be taken seriously.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#34squatch22Posted 7/16/2013 7:56:26 AM
AhnoldDood posted...

---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#35DTY3Posted 7/16/2013 7:57:36 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Instead of the knee-jerk defensiveness regarding the lack of online, why doesn't someone say "this ISN'T a game that would have benefited from online"... then your claims might actually have some weight.

... CAN anyone say that? :)

shaunme posted...
i have posted positive news a lot, trouble is the way the system is getting destroyed in the gaming media the negative outweighs the positive.

i post news

**good or bad**.

**DOES NOT COMPUTE** for about 75% of the people who read that last part. "But... I've seen you... post bad news... so therefore... troll, but... now posting... nice... thing... head... exploding... parents... taught me to think... in black and white... aaaaahhhh...." ;)

Funny how you attack people saying "it doesnt need online", rather than attack the TC with his constant spouting of the word "fanboy".

Methinks youre a white knight.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#36Enigma149Posted 7/16/2013 7:58:05 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
parents... taught me to think... in black and white

*gasp*

Racist!
---
i7-4770K // EVGA GTX 770 // 16 GB Vengeance // ASUS Z87-A // ASUS BD-RE // Panasonic LS-120 // 128 GB SSD (+ HDD)
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#37DTY3Posted 7/16/2013 7:58:36 AM
Also who?

I'm sorry but this another random youtuber to me.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#38cloudtheprophetPosted 7/16/2013 8:19:38 AM
URAlsr posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

It's a con in this case. Miyamoto said that he couldn't get the online working and blamed it on the graphical power because he wanted the game to look pretty. Any other dev than Nintendo would have gotten it working and not just dropped online play. Besides, he went on to say that you just can't communicate well enough online in any situation for a game like Pikmin despite the better part of a decade Xbox Live having games with voice chat that prove you can and the Wii U shipping with mic functions built into the controller. On top of that, it's kind of a sad excuse to build the game for a multiplayer component and just keep it local because you can't get the online running.

I'm not saying it's a bad game—it looks fantastic actually—but Miyamoto basically said that the online was dropped due to incompetence and then displayed how he didn't understand how voice chat in online gaming works.

nintendrones owned

He never said the graphics were the problem he did in fact say it was the cpu. That has to do with computing power not necessarily graphics. If you're going to quote something get the contents of the story you got it from correct. Some people
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#39NovaLevossidaPosted 7/16/2013 8:23:28 AM
cloudtheprophet posted...
URAlsr posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

nintendrones owned

He never said the graphics were the problem he did in fact say it was the cpu. That has to do with computing power not necessarily graphics. If you're going to quote something get the contents of the story you got it from correct. Some people

The CPU was the problem because of his focus on graphics and building the world to look nice.
---
I criticize Nintendo because I love her. I want her to stand as a technical example to the world. - Martin Luther King, Jr
#40Ryan SiPosted 7/16/2013 8:24:30 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

This.

Online in many cases (for those with reading comprehension problems that means not always, but often) spurs extended replay value. How is that not a con? Especially with the kind of game Pikmin is...
---
Fav. Games of Generation: Portal 2 (PC), Xenoblade (Wii), 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
Nintendo Fanboys: Doesn't get any more pathetic