Do you think Nintendo will ever take full advantage of the capabilities of WiiU?

#1EvilmonsterPosted 7/16/2013 10:45:46 AM
I still think they could have done a lot more with the Wii.

Look at motion+

That could've been great at launch, yet they introduced it extremely late into the Wii's lifecycle. Almost no reason to get it other than Skyward Sword, so a lot of people missed out on it. Using both the Nunchuk + Wii mote should have been legendary; a shield in one hand and a sword in another, or some variation of that. I felt like some games did it, but not enough or just tacked on.

If you can recall, prior to the Wii U being released there was so much speculation on what the Wii U could do for immersing the player into their games. Heck, NintendoLand showed what the Wii U could do, but it feels like Nintendo or other companies aren't using those features that much.

I understand that games are coming out, but they are all rehashes of previous games (Not saying that's bad) but when would these sequels ever use the gamepad innovatively? Would you ever see Mario Kart using the gamepad? SSB? Donkey Kong? Lego City Undercover uses it a bit, when finding suspects in far off places, but that's just a tidbit of the game and I feel like it even takes away from the game since you have to stop to do it (I know I may be contradicting myself). They just need to do it more seemlessly, though I have not really thought about how they could do it.

I just don't want Nintendo to squander the potential of the Wii U. Seeing different things or views when you hold the gamepad is genius, Wii U trailers showed as much, but only a few games have this feature. Using the Wii U as a notebook or using it sideways ala Hotel Dusk. I'm just spouting out ideas... does anyone else feel like the Wii U's potential will never be released? I know it's only a year and a half since release, but it feels exactly as it did with the Wii.
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
Nintendo Network ID: Thomas88
#2R_HunterPosted 7/16/2013 10:49:56 AM
It's only been a year and a half. Wait a while, and then we'll see.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#31shadetail1Posted 7/16/2013 10:51:37 AM
The WiiU was released in late November 2012. That is much less than a year and a half.

Also, "potential" is a very subjective idea. The way you put it, it sounds like you'd only be satisfied with a game that literally uses every possible feature at once. That sounds to me like it would be an unplayable mess.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4MotiJrPosted 7/16/2013 10:51:57 AM
Judging by how lazy developers are, Nintendo might be the only one who will bother. Shame really but third party devs expect $$$$$ for minimal effort.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#5shaunmePosted 7/16/2013 10:52:17 AM
The graphics of mario kart 8 look amazing so I tjink they will push the hardware

they are not even trying to push online though
---
Nintendo can only dream of selling PS2 numbers. NNID:shaunme1
only 1 non Wii u owning troll on my ignore list.
#6Evilmonster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 10:56:08 AM
I'm not talking about the Hardware specs, but the hardware itself, ie the gamepad.

but yes, I wish they took online further
---
#7GDoobahPosted 7/16/2013 10:59:02 AM

It's only been out out for almost 8 months.
---
NNID & PSN : GDoobah
http://i.imgur.com/DzyHcJF.jpg
#8MotiJrPosted 7/16/2013 11:02:40 AM
GDoobah posted...

I think he is thinking of the Vita
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#9Evilmonster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 11:03:23 AM
sorry, yeah hasn't been a full year, though it feels longer than that.
---
#10R_HunterPosted 7/16/2013 11:04:14 AM
GDoobah posted...

Then this topic is REALLY premature, and i'm off to figure out where I got the additional 10 months from.
---
To be fair, the overall plot of the MGS series sounds like it was written by a 7 year old on amphetamines.-CrystalKing5426
Official Xion of the KHIII Board