nintendo please give us a update to play gamecube on the wii u

#1hydrocrushPosted 7/16/2013 6:38:26 PM
there is now adapters that work great and let us play wii games on the wii u with a gamecube controller and i love being able to play brawl with it still and playing ssb4 with it also

so just let us play gamecube games on it so i can sell my wii instead of having it with my wii u
---
WINNER E3 2013 NINTENDO
2nd place microsoft because at least they were funny last is sony because they sucked hard - FUN FACT most of gamefaqs is sony fanboys
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 7/16/2013 6:41:21 PM
Either an update or GameCube VC would be great.

Of course I still have my Wii, which is essentially my GameCube now.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3super_taco_ftwPosted 7/16/2013 6:46:10 PM(edited)
To do that, they'd need to change the architecture in the system, so it can actually play GameCube discs. They'd also need to officially release adapters for GC controllers. Then somehow get the GC memory cards to work with the Wii U. They might as well let you play SNES games off the cartridge.

Here's an idea; just keep your Wii. It's not like you could sell it for much, anyway.

Or they could add GC games to the virtual console. That would be much simpler, and wouldn't take nearly as much work.
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#4FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/16/2013 6:44:39 PM
let the gamecube die already......
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#5Bryon25Posted 7/16/2013 6:48:42 PM
Actually it is already possible to play gamecube games on Wii U. Just yesterday I played paper mario the thousand year door on my Wii U with the pro controller. But the method in doing so is complicated. And can't be discussed here on gamefaqs because of the ToS.
---
Please support kingdom hearts 3 coming to Wii U by signing this petition - http://tinyurl.com/lxkhlsl
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 7/16/2013 6:53:25 PM
super_taco_ftw posted...
To do that, they'd need to change the architecture in the system, so it can actually play GameCube discs. They'd also need to officially release adapters for GC controllers. Then somehow get the GC memory cards to work with the Wii U. They might as well let you play SNES games off the cartridge.

Here's an idea; just keep your Wii. It's not like you could sell it for much, anyway.

Or they could add GC games to the virtual console. That would be much simpler, and wouldn't take nearly as much work.

Wii U is perfectly able to run GC games. There are no expensive hardware changes required. Many of us are willing to rebuy select HD remakes (Celda) and would likely take advantage of VC offerings, but there is no reason not to allow the option. And "keep your Wii" is a f***ing horrible solution. That's MS and Sony's solution.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#7ultimatecouchpotatoPosted 7/16/2013 6:57:23 PM
super_taco_ftw posted...
To do that, they'd need to change the architecture in the system, so it can actually play GameCube discs.

Nope. GC games can be run entirely in Wii mode with few modifications. There's actually a Wii homebrew that does this.
They'd also need to officially release adapters for GC controllers.

Classic Controller/Pro Controller?
Then somehow get the GC memory cards to work with the Wii U.

Why? Just patch the MIOS to save to the internal flash storage.
#8super_taco_ftwPosted 7/16/2013 7:09:48 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
super_taco_ftw posted...

Wii U is perfectly able to run GC games. There are no expensive hardware changes required. Many of us are willing to rebuy select HD remakes (Celda) and would likely take advantage of VC offerings, but there is no reason not to allow the option. And "keep your Wii" is a f***ing horrible solution. That's MS and Sony's solution.

Alright, I'm an idiot :(

But keeping the Wii is a good option.
A. Selling won't get you much, and it will be very hard to sell (it is one of the best selling consoles of all time).
B. When selling it, you'd need to include controllers. Which the Wii U also uses.
C. The GameCube was 2 gens ago, not a system still getting good games to this day (like the 360 and PS3).
D. If someone else is using the U, you can use the Wii (assuming you live with others).

I'm not saying backwards comparability with GC wouldn't be nice, but selling the Wii is probably more trouble then it's worth, and Nintendo actually giving it GC comparability is very unlikely.
---
By the power of Greyskull, I HAVE THE POWER!
Black 2 FC: 0433 6165 7990
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 7/16/2013 7:29:11 PM
lol, i just remembered what would be needed... they would need to fix the drive to accept small discs. Maybe it would be too much trouble... hopefully VC stuff still happens though.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#10Thunderbird8Posted 7/16/2013 10:20:57 PM(edited)
Nintendo cannot update the Wii U to play GameCube games directly because the drive won't accept GameCube discs. Ever tried putting a Cube disc in the Wii U? No matter what you are doing, it will always spit it back out shortly after you put it in (I've tried this in both the Wii U menu and while running a Wii game, same result). All other methods of playing GameCube games on the Wii U currently out there rely on legally questionable methods.

GameCube games on VC are the only option.