for those that have the Wii U pro controller

#1dark-falcon64Posted 7/16/2013 9:48:06 PM
How would you rate it i was thinking of getting one but seems a little expensive is it worth it
#2YoyokuKOPosted 7/16/2013 9:53:23 PM
worth it
#3Bryon25Posted 7/16/2013 9:53:49 PM
Here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/66744467
---
Please support kingdom hearts 3 coming to Wii U by signing this petition - http://tinyurl.com/lxkhlsl
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 7/16/2013 9:56:33 PM
It was on sale at Best Buy earlier, but I'm not sure if it still is.

However, I kind of hate the thing. The reason is that the buttons are below the right analog stick instead of above it. This is the opposite of how the 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, Xbox, Gamecube, and classic controllers for the Wii are set up. It's a change to make the layout identical to the tablet controller's layout, and it just feels extremely awkward to even use the thing if you play games on any other system at all. It's jarring to go from any other console to the Wii U because the buttons are so counter-intuitive. Apart from that, it's a solid controller, but the button layout is terrible.

That said, it does feature a very nice battery life of 80 hours. Personally, if they make an adapter to use a 360 controller on the Wii U, I'll be going that route.
---
I criticize Nintendo because I love her. I want her to stand as a technical example to the world. - Martin Luther King, Jr
#5Jacob46719Posted 7/16/2013 10:06:06 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
That said, it does feature a very nice battery life of 80 hours. Personally, if they make an adapter to use a 360 controller on the Wii U, I'll be going that route.

WAT

I NEVER KNEW THAT
---
Backlog of games: Too many unfinished games.
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/16/2013 10:08:53 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

WAT

I NEVER KNEW THAT

That's what it claims. I never have to charge the damn controller like I do the tablet. I think I've charged it once since I bought it. I'm going to have to back up the 80 hour count from personal experience with the product.
---
I criticize Nintendo because I love her. I want her to stand as a technical example to the world. - Martin Luther King, Jr
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/16/2013 10:10:34 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

WAT

I NEVER KNEW THAT

yea the battery life is insane i think i had to charge it twice in the over 200hrs i put into monster hunter.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8Maxx_the_SlashPosted 7/16/2013 10:14:06 PM
Amazing for SNES VC and fighting games. Not too good for NES VC games, but that's because of the orientation of the X/Y/A/B buttons (a Wii Remote is better for NES VC games).

It's my opinion that the Wii U Pro Controller has the best Directional Pad since the SNES.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 103/Sirius 206
AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh) | WiiU: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#9ChokusetsuPosted 7/16/2013 10:17:43 PM
I own a Xbox 360 controller and I don't need to touch a Wii U Pro to say it's better.

The position of the two analog sticks annoys me to this day. And the D-Pad is damn awful. There is no point to an idiotic disc-shaped D-pad. The point of a d-pad is NOT to be used for walking in 3d environment. It's for menu browsing or games with limited direction. The disc crap makes it useless.
#10Nerreltron9000Posted 7/17/2013 1:35:29 AM
The position of the analogs makes more sense than the default placement. Modern games make such heavy use of camera controls that you spend more time using the right analog than you do the face buttons; the sticks and triggers do all the work and you only press XYBA occasionally to duck or reload.

If you're going to be using the sticks the majority of the time, it makes sense to put them both in the primary spot. I used the remote/nunchuk last gen and never got used to dual analog, so I can objectively say the layout is good. There's nothing wrong with it other than people not being used to it.

If anything, it's harder to get used to the buttons being below than the analog being above. It's less comfortable to play SNES games than with the CCPro, even though the D-pad on the WUPro is better, since the CCPro had the retro inputs in the primary spots instead of sticks.

I don't have any problem with the button placement on the gamepad, so the issue is more to do with the actual position of the buttons rather than the fact that they're on the bottom itself. I guess having full grips makes it that much harder to reach your thumb to the buttons.