Play Wii virtual console games like pokemon snap! on wii u?

#1MaximusJansenPosted 7/17/2013 4:54:58 AM
I am looking into buying a wii u and I saw that pokemon snap was available on the wii virtual console but not on the wii u.

Im not sure how it works on the wii u but can I get wii virtual console games on the wii u?
#2promo123Posted 7/17/2013 5:06:23 AM
Yes, you can. On main menu you can select Wii mode, which brings you to basically what is exactly like a Wii. From there you can go to the Wii's shop channel and buy it. The only problem is that you can't use any Wii U controllers to play the games on Wii mode, you will need a Wii Pro Controller to play Pokemon Snap.

If you do this, and in the future the game is released in the Wii U eShop, you can transfer the game over to the Wii U mode for just a dollar or two and then you'll be able to play the game with the gamepad.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#3MaximusJansen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 5:09:51 AM
@Promo123 Thank you very much! are the virtual console games exactly the same or better? and do you prever them on the orginal console or isnt there anything between them?
#4Aaron44126Posted 7/17/2013 5:31:25 AM
Virtual console games are pretty much the same as the originals. N64 games in particular have minor graphical differences here and there. They've also upped the resolution for N64 games to 480i or 480p (depending on your display) --- original was 240i.