I'm so confused with Nintendo....

#1EvenglarePosted 7/18/2013 1:02:06 AM
If Nintendo is in as bad a shape as the internet makes it out to be, then why are they not pushing Virtual Console games? It makes no sense to me, considering how much money his would generate. The worst offender is how slowly Wii virtual console games have been coming to WiiU. While that may be a decent amount of revenue there are a couple more ideas that could be implemented. Honestly I don't know why either.

1- they need to start throwing up gamecube games on VC.
2- there doesn't seem to be any reason that the wii U couldnt handle DS games. Go ahead and put those up.
3- Why does the 3ds VC not feature any GBA games, I know it's more than capable to run the games. This is shown by the fact that ambassadors DID get GBA games.
4- Is there any reason SNES games and older console games aren't on 3DS VC? I can't find a reason....
5- They need to throw those DS games up on the 3ds virtual console as well.

I know, I know, the comeback for this argument is that nintendo needs to get permissions, and other s***. My response is that who cares? If money is an issue then they SHOULD be extra hasty trying to gain those permissions.
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 7/18/2013 1:18:19 AM(edited)
1. if they had any intention of bringing GC games to VC, they wouldn't have made an 8gb model.

2. they don't need both their markets eating each other.

3. idk

4. again, it would cut into each other's selling feature. console vc on the console, and handheld vc on the handheld (nes is an odd exemption).

5. idk, DS flashcards are still a problem. it'd be a hole in their pockets at the moment. once they end flashcards, maybe they'll risk putting them on the 3ds eshop.
#3Thunderbird8Posted 7/18/2013 3:10:22 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
1. if they had any intention of bringing GC games to VC, they wouldn't have made an 8gb model.

GameCube games are not that big. GC discs only had a 1.5GB capacity, which is more than enough room to fit on a basic Wii U.
#4YamiYugi4400Posted 7/18/2013 3:12:45 AM
Evenglare posted...
If Nintendo is in as bad a shape as the internet makes it out to be, then why are they not pushing Virtual Console games? It makes no sense to me, considering how much money his would generate. The worst offender is how slowly Wii virtual console games have been coming to WiiU. While that may be a decent amount of revenue there are a couple more ideas that could be implemented. Honestly I don't know why either.

1- they need to start throwing up gamecube games on VC.
2- there doesn't seem to be any reason that the wii U couldnt handle DS games. Go ahead and put those up.
3- Why does the 3ds VC not feature any GBA games, I know it's more than capable to run the games. This is shown by the fact that ambassadors DID get GBA games.
4- Is there any reason SNES games and older console games aren't on 3DS VC? I can't find a reason....
5- They need to throw those DS games up on the 3ds virtual console as well.

I know, I know, the comeback for this argument is that nintendo needs to get permissions, and other s***. My response is that who cares? If money is an issue then they SHOULD be extra hasty trying to gain those permissions.

1. They can't put gamecube games on it yet. They have to spend 2 years putting up the already released Wii VC games
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5VoelgerPosted 7/18/2013 4:08:10 AM
Apple has become fairly successful because its focus is on making a great product, even if it cannobolizes it's other products. If the 3ds or wiiu can handle something than they should do it to make the product the best it can be. Forced limitations is a bad strategy
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10