For someone who hasn't played Earthbound...

#1Ccrules2791Posted 7/18/2013 8:30:21 AM
Any games it's similar too? Length? Basically a review--I'm sure there are some on GameFAQs but was wondering if you think it's worth a buy.
---
Playing = Believing
#2stekim40Posted 7/18/2013 8:31:54 AM
www.google.com. <----- just once in your life try doing a little research and finding out for yourself, better that way as this forum is heavily biased when it comes to this game.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#3shuanyouPosted 7/18/2013 8:34:21 AM
stekim40 posted...
www.google.com. <----- just once in your life try doing a little research and finding out for yourself, better that way as this forum is heavily biased when it comes to this game.

What a ****ty answer.
This is a gaming forum.
#4baconcow1812Posted 7/18/2013 8:35:00 AM
stekim40 posted...

This place is called GameFAQs. Why be so rude?
---
"the hell!?"
#5BloodychessPosted 7/18/2013 8:35:16 AM
stekim40 posted...

As much as I love throwing out google on a question topic, this is an open ended question meant more for a gamer and less for a search engine. Bias is going to be everywhere on the internet anyways.
---
Not changing this sig until a spider crawls into my mouth while I'm sleeping
#6GiygasminionPosted 7/18/2013 8:36:44 AM
The battle system and art is a bit antiquated. If you can past that, though, you'll find one of the oddest, most playful, yet at times scary games ever created. People talk about games having heart-- Earthbound has a soul unlike any other.

You can't really compare Earthbound to other games in that sense. However, just speaking from a pure mechanics standpoint, Earthbound is pretty similar to the old Dragon Quest games (which, in some ways, it's parodying).
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#7StarBladeEdgePosted 7/18/2013 8:40:22 AM
stekim40 posted...

''facepalm''
---
WiiU>>PS3/PS4>>>>>>>>>That's it. Every stupid post get's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI
#8GloryChaosPosted 7/18/2013 8:45:55 AM
I can't comment on length due to the snail like nature at which I play games. But I can give you a barebones review.

The game is about Ness, a boy amongst the chosen four, and his journey to save mankind from Giygas, an evil alien who has eradicated the entire universe ten years from when Ness' adventure takes place.

It's hard to say if there are other games like Earthbound. Sure, there are probably other RPGs that take place in a modern day setting (the 1990s in this game) but I can't name anything else that goes for Earthbound's style or humor. The plot is pretty light hearted and you'll receive heavy mood whiplash at the end of the game, due to sudden plot turns.

The combat of the game is kind of like Dragon quest. It's all first person. Thankfully, there are no random encounters and all enemies can be seen on the world map. Depending on how high your level is, you may not have to fight some of these enemies at all. After being hit, your hp rolls down. So after receiving a mortal blow, you'll have some time to heal yourself before your HP reaches zero. There may be some frantic moments for you when your entire party gets hit by a killing blow and you need to either heal or run away before everyone dies. I have to be honest though. As much as I'd like to make the combat sound interesting, it isn't where the game shines at all. I'd actually call it the weakest part of the whole game.

So I haven't played this game In a few years and I'm doing a bad Jon at describing it. Somebody else pick things up without giving too many spoilers.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#9DTY3Posted 7/18/2013 9:02:47 AM
Dragon Quest , but in 'Murrica.

And thats a lot better than it sounds.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#10MrPants3000Posted 7/18/2013 9:09:25 AM
stekim40 posted...

You are my favorite poster on gamefaqs now
---
I don't even know