This Is Probably Why Ubisoft Wants Nintendo To Sell More Wii U's

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 7/18/2013 10:21:42 AM
http://kotaku.com/this-is-probably-why-ubisoft-wants-nintendo-to-sell-mor-826142945

Here's a chart released by Assassin's Creed/Watch Dogs/Splinter Cell publisher Ubisoft today. That'd be the publisher that put out a bunch of games for Wii U last year, including the superb launch-day exclusive ZombiU but now doesn't want to do more exclusives until Nintendo sells more systems.

In this chart, "Q1 2013/2014" is April 1-June 30, 2013. The Wii U wasn't out during Q1 2012/2013. It came out in November of 2012. The other consoles have at least six years on it.

Ubisoft is releasing a bunch of non-exclusives on Wii U over the next few months, including Cloudberry Kingdom, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Rayman Legends, Just Dance 2014 and Watch Dogs. They may in fact be the third-party publisher that is releasing the most games for Wii U this year.

At E3, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told Kotaku that Nintendo's upcoming games from mega-franchises like Super Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart and eventually Smash Bros. should help build the Wii U installed base.

No wonder Third parties are avoiding the Wii U like the plague. The money is simply not there. Hopefully yall start buying more games.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#2Rasputin77Posted 7/18/2013 10:23:19 AM
Oh God. An article related to the Wii U. Why are you posting this here?
---
My boy-crushes express affection by continually trying to report me.
It's a twisted relationship, sure... but I can feel the love! <3 <3 <3
#3uberking422Posted 7/18/2013 10:28:39 AM
Or, you know, they could just make a well made but budget conscious game that's at least temporarily exclusive to the system. If a third party had done that during the drought that's only now coming to a close, they could probably expect purchases from at least a third of all the people who own a Wii U, thus turning a tidy profit without risking bankruptcy on a multimillion dollar AAA title. In fact, Ubisoft was pretty much set to do just that with Rayman Legends, but pulled out at the last minute with for reasons no one can fathom.
#4Wiiplayer111Posted 7/18/2013 10:30:30 AM
You mean the less than a year old Wii U isn't selling games as well as a combined userbase of a 240 million consoles in the 7th gen?

Its just surprising to me that people are surprised.

PS4/X1 will be facing the exact same thing. It'll just be like the transfer of the previous gens where the last gen keeps selling. Except it'll be worse this time because the previous gen already costs too much and the install base is fat.......

Oh hey Kirbyfan you missed the Pikmin 3 sales.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#5DiscostewSMPosted 7/18/2013 10:38:13 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
You mean the less than a year old Wii U isn't selling games as well as a combined userbase of a 240 million consoles in the 7th gen?

PS4/X1 will be facing the exact same thing. It'll just be like the transfer of the previous gens where the last gen keeps selling. Except it'll be worse this time because the previous gen already costs too much and the install base is fat.......

Oh hey Kirbyfan you missed the Pikmin 3 sales.

inb4 kirby whines once again about "This isn't about PS4/XB1! This is about Wii U!", even though he's trying to focus an issue only to Wii U when it isn't just the Wii U's dilemma.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6squatch22Posted 7/18/2013 10:39:28 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...

Agreed
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#7GoombaXPosted 7/18/2013 10:43:00 AM
people thought zombiU was superb!?im a left 4 dead fanboy though so.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: MvC 2, AC:NL, Last of Us, MMX Collection, Ico hd Collection
#8Helmsly2008Posted 7/18/2013 10:43:23 AM
Wiiplayer111 posted...

No. Its that the install base for the Wii U is significantly lower then it should be at this point in its life and has had a massive drop off in sales after the first two months, which has only gotten worse as the months have passed.
#9cavebear56Posted 7/18/2013 10:45:01 AM
I just finished Farcry 3: Blood Dragon.

Short but well worth the $6 I paid for it on Steam.

Top Gun, Dino Riders, Terminator, Karate Kid and plenty of other references.

I highly recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor and actually aged through the 80's. Though I'm sure some born in the 80's and the younger audience can enjoy it as well.

Normally I'd point out your ignorance kid but this time you did it right.

It's completely fair that Ubisoft wants to wait until a larger install base happens for the Wii U as much as the same thing as the PS4 and Neo when they release.

That said they have ways to help which include making smaller budget downloadable titles with amateur teams or people not focused 100% on a specific property.

Which ties into what Wiiplayer stated about a new system not having the same install base as the pervious gen. It's common sense and reasonable so why is Ubisoft acting like this is their first time in the market?

uberking brought up a valid point though. That last second pull for the release of Rayman Legends didn't help. it was a novice move made by people that should have more business sense.

Ubisoft helped put themselves in this position as much as Nintendo did.

That's if I'm to be fair here. Or I could be unfair like most of your buddies, and I'm quite sure you will in a later in this topic, and state it's all just Nintendo's fault.

From global warming to world hunger Nintendo is at fault.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#10Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 7/18/2013 10:51:48 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Oh God. An article related to the Wii U. Why are you posting this here?

Getting a preemptive start with your usual antics I see. Nice signature by the way. Looks like some people really got you rattled if you have to do that.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.