Why the **** is an extra $2 price controversial?

#71Baha05Posted 7/20/2013 7:29:40 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
But I asked about more advanced games far cheaper then 5 dollar. Since you said any VC and FAR cheaper so that's 5 for genesis games so what more advanced games are cheaper then 5 bucks?

Every digital VC title on Nintendo Network is but other networks have old titles for fair prices for the most part.

Yeah and I told you Steam, hell YOU even said you got Alice Madness Returns for $4. So you already answered your own question. You can go to ANY Gamestop and find far more advanced games for around or LESS then $5.

So really you are just showing bias towards Nintendo's VC line when you should be showing that to others as well.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#72bh7812Posted 7/20/2013 8:01:32 PM
Quote:stalemate_666 posted...
It's not the 2 dollars it's the horrible precedent Nintendo is setting for it's digital store, increasing the price of an already overpriced snes games. Nintendo is ripping people off left and right on the eshop this is just the latest example.

"overpriced" Whatever you say kid. BTW, the $2 are for the Digital Game Guide.

@AhnoldDood

People, read his sentence really carefully, because THAT'S why the 2 extra bucks! This whole 2 dollars-gate has me...to be honest it's making my head hurt reading all I have on it the last day. It's also leaving me dumbfounded. They're not price gouging/overcharging you. They added a very nice extra special treat with that digital version of the Players Guide. They didnt have to do that at all. They went above and beyond to give everyone the complete Earthbound/Mother 2 experience and some are STILL not happy.

So many people begged, screamed, and whined for years through petitions and letters to NOA for Earthbound's release on VC. Not only that some, on top of that, actually called NOA up and bugged Reggie at events for this game. You told him there's a market for the series and he's actually finally listening, giving you that chance to prove it. How's your chance. Any dreams of Mother 1 and 3 all rest on this. This is it. You won't get a second chance later to get this right. Put your money where your mouths are, throw the damn petty issue of the 2 extra dollars to the friggin side, and support the game!!!!

My final few sentences arent targeted towards those who really are on very tight budgets and this 2 extra bucks may break you. I respect those in that spot and would never ask them to compromise their livelihoods for a video game. But to those hell bent on absolutely finding something wrong with what Nintendo's done this time: GET. A. GRIP!!!!! It's TWO dollars extra. Not 12 or 20. Two. I swear some of you are trying to punish this company no matter what they do right. Reggie's right. He can't win. Insatiable gamers. Ungrateful.

To those making a big deal just for the sake of it: Do you want Mother 1 and 3 or not? Now's your chance to put up or shut up. But if you choose to shut up do not dare moan and complain when those other two games never come. That's my 2 cents.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#73bh7812Posted 7/20/2013 8:03:51 PM
If some truly feel the 2 extra bucks is an issue, I dare you to find a good to excellent physical copy of this game..just the cartridge and maybe the box for ohhhh 75 bucks or less. You won't manage it. When you see current prices for physical copies that 10 bucks Nintendo wants will look great and easy to swallow then.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#74stalemate_666Posted 7/20/2013 9:28:10 PM
Baha05 posted...
Yeah and I told you Steam, hell YOU even said you got Alice Madness Returns for $4. So you already answered your own question. You can go to ANY Gamestop and find far more advanced games for around or LESS then $5.

So really you are just showing bias towards Nintendo's VC line when you should be showing that to others as well.

You did not give a single example under 5, and 4 bucks is not FAR under 5. Also unlike Nintendo network, psn and steam have sales on games as old as snes ones. So under 2.50 then.

bh7812 posted...
If some truly feel the 2 extra bucks is an issue, I dare you to find a good to excellent physical copy of this game..just the cartridge and maybe the box for ohhhh 75 bucks or less. You won't manage it. When you see current prices for physical copies that 10 bucks Nintendo wants will look great and easy to swallow then.

Collector item price have no baring on how much a digital game should cost and fyi the strategy guide is free online legally.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#75Baha05Posted 7/20/2013 9:53:07 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
You did not give a single example under 5, and 4 bucks is not FAR under 5. Also unlike Nintendo network, psn and steam have sales on games as old as snes ones. So under 2.50 then.

Now you are just back peddling. The point is you can find MORE ADVANCED games then SNES games at cheaper prices. Again either all VC is overpriced or you are simply singling out just Nintendo and damaging your own argument.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#76stalemate_666Posted 7/21/2013 12:29:33 AM
Baha05 posted...

Now you are just back peddling. The point is you can find MORE ADVANCED games then SNES games at cheaper prices. Again either all VC is overpriced or you are simply singling out just Nintendo and damaging your own argument.

You're the one back peddling, I said 5 from the begginning. Also even if all the systems have overpriced old games the Nintendo VC is DOUBLE what they are, so I don't understand why you are defending them.
---
#77Baha05Posted 7/21/2013 12:52:22 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
You're the one back peddling, I said 5 from the begginning. Also even if all the systems have overpriced old games the Nintendo VC is DOUBLE what they are, so I don't understand why you are defending them.

And you pretty much answered your own question with Alice Madness Returns. And I'm not defending them, I'm saying it's not over priced. The prices most VC from all of them are fine.
---
#78stalemate_666Posted 7/21/2013 11:04:04 AM
Baha05 posted...
And you pretty much answered your own question with Alice Madness Returns. And I'm not defending them, I'm saying it's not over priced. The prices most VC from all of them are fine.

You are doing nothing but defending them and you have said several times that the wiiU VC wasn't overpriced. You're the one backpeddling, Nintendo is ripping people off with their VC games, deal with it.
---
#79strongo9Posted 7/21/2013 11:06:30 AM
People don't appreciate being nickle and dimed. We don't want Earthbound to be the start of many more SNES games being prices at $10.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#80Baha05Posted 7/21/2013 12:03:07 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
You are doing nothing but defending them and you have said several times that the wiiU VC wasn't overpriced. You're the one backpeddling, Nintendo is ripping people off with their VC games, deal with it.

That's not what ripping off is.
---