As a Nintendo fan, it's sad to see that Nintendo is on their own this generation

#31IcedEarthaholicPosted 7/20/2013 9:02:19 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
SychinLegacy posted...
Nintendo isn't necessarily on their own. Third parties just want them to do all the hard work so they can cash in for free later. They're spoiled with the massive install base of the last gen and have no desire to let go of the cash cow prematurely. Especially not to help with the heavy lifting.

Do you know anything about a business? Why would third parties want to put games on an ailing console where there would be no returns? I would contend that Nintendo DOES have the "hard work" because its their console and its their job to prove their console is viable to sell games on. No one is "cashing in for free", a 3rd party publishers job is to make money. They have no vested interest in a game consoles success.

Oh gee, funny how you all say this as the Wii U is starting to come out of it's slump. Try harder.
---
For all things Fatal Frame join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#32demonlord6696Posted 7/21/2013 1:34:28 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
dcamp27 posted...
Rayze_Darr posted...
No one's ever bought a Nintendo system expecting to get the best of all worlds. Their strong suit's always been their first-party titles, and as long as those remain of a good quality and quantity, then the company is doing everything they need to to stay afloat.

This statement must be coming from someone too young to remember Nintendo before the Gamecube days. People bought an NES, Super NES and Nintendo 64 because those systems were the best. Nintendo didn't start losing third party support until the Gamecube.

The N64 missed out on so many big name games that gen it was bad.

Yup, I had a N64 and eventually got a PS1 when I saw all the awesome games they were getting. After that I hardly bought anything at all for N64 as 95% of my gaming was on playstation.
#33ForgottononePosted 7/21/2013 3:54:35 AM
Those 'Big name games" you speak of are owned by severely hurting publishers laying off employees and barely staying afloat..

Haven't had a nintendo product since the CUBE, i really liked the cube, lot's of games.
So everyone saying Wii U will just barely be as good is the Cube is good enough for me..

From what i know 3rd party has had issues since the N64, Still i owned a psx but loved playing Blast corps, goldeneye, Wrestling, The better version of NFL blitz (no loading).. at my friends house.. so Nintendo will be fine, gaming is going in a different direction for them currently
#34CyricsServantPosted 7/21/2013 5:32:33 AM
SychinLegacy posted...
Nintendo isn't necessarily on their own. Third parties just want them to do all the hard work so they can cash in for free later. They're spoiled with the massive install base of the last gen and have no desire to let go of the cash cow prematurely. Especially not to help with the heavy lifting.

And who can blame them?

Doing the heavy lifting without the install base could cause them to go the route of THQ. And who wins if that happens? No one. Nintendo, as the hardware manufacturer, has to provide them with enough incentives to develop on for their hardware.
#35Anarchy-182Posted 7/21/2013 11:29:03 AM
DevilTears604 posted...
Why do people keep having these conversations? Every time Nintendo releases a piece of hardware, people cry doom and gloom. Then what happens? I dunno, the DS is best selling video game hardware of all time. The Wii ends up having a huge audience. The 3DS is in the process of matching the DS in sales. Seriously, why the hell are people worried? Nintendo has ended up making money off of all their consoles. They know what they're doing.

---
#36BoomerTheGreatPosted 7/21/2013 4:30:08 PM
Topics like this remind me of how people like to talk about things they dont know. lol @ the guys claiming they knew what 3rd parties were doing in SNES N64 days.
---
Greatness comes from within