Some WiiU questions.

#1Y SPosted 7/18/2013 8:22:21 PM
Can I play any games or VC games, Wii games on the gamepad without using the TV?

How do Wii games work on the WiiU if I do not have Wii controllers and just the WiiU gamepad?

Have load times been lessened since launch?

Is getting online easy?

Are there trophies/Achievements?

Is playing Wii games easier than it was at launch?

I am thinking of getting a WiiU to go along with my 3DS but thinking of passing since some major games and the PS4/[next gen] is on the other side of the Summer, money isn't a problem, I am just worried I would use it less once PS4/GTA5/Pokémon Y arrive.
---
FC = 4656-6629-1731 / Playing ACNL
#2Wiiplayer111Posted 7/18/2013 8:25:51 PM
Y S posted...
Can I play any games or VC games, Wii games on the gamepad without using the TV?

How do Wii games work on the WiiU if I do not have Wii controllers and just the WiiU gamepad?

Is getting online easy?

I am thinking of getting a WiiU to go along with my 3DS but thinking of passing since some major games and the PS4/[next gen] is on the other side of the Summer, money isn't a problem, I am just worried I would use it less once PS4/GTA5/Pokémon Y arrive.

1. Only Wii U VC and Wii U games can be used on the pad. No Wii VC or Wii games.

2. You cannot use the gamepad on Wii games.

3. Yes greatly and they will be shortened again come September.

4. Yes.

5. No universal trophies but some games have their own set.

6. Playing Wii games was always easy.
---
Look at you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#3Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:35:15 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
Y S posted...

Is getting online easy?

1. Only Wii U VC and Wii U games can be used on the pad. No Wii VC or Wii games.

2. You cannot use the gamepad on Wii games.

3. Yes greatly and they will be shortened again come September.

4. Yes.

5. No universal trophies but some games have their own set.

6. Playing Wii games was always easy.

For the first question I meant which games can be played entirely on the gamepad?
---
FC = 4656-6629-1731 / Playing ACNL
#4KingBeetlePosted 7/18/2013 8:36:51 PM
Y S posted...
For the first question I meant which games can be played entirely on the gamepad

Lots.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Er, sometimes.
#5Wiiplayer111Posted 7/18/2013 8:38:07 PM
KingBeetle posted...
Y S posted...
For the first question I meant which games can be played entirely on the gamepad

Lots.

This. Besides some games where the Gamepad is a mechanic. ZombiU/Lego City/Game and Wario. Nintendoland uses it as a mechanic but a good portion of games can be pad only.
---
didyouknowgaming.com
#6Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:44:33 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
KingBeetle posted...
Y S posted...

Lots.

This. Besides some games where the Gamepad is a mechanic. ZombiU/Lego City/Game and Wario. Nintendoland uses it as a mechanic but a good portion of games can be pad only.

So I can play a few WiiU games and all WiiU VC games on the gamepad away from the TV?
---
3DS FC = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 7/18/2013 8:46:06 PM
Y S posted...
So I can play a few WiiU games and all WiiU VC games on the gamepad away from the TV?

Yeah.

Games so far either use the gamepad as a subscreen (Stuff like Nintendoland or ZombiU) or have complete off-screen play (stuff like NSMBU). All VC games so far support off-screen play.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8Wiiplayer111Posted 7/18/2013 8:46:59 PM
Y S posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
KingBeetle posted...
Y S posted...

Lots.

Yes.
---
didyouknowgaming.com
#9Y S(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 8:53:48 PM
Thanks for the replies people, Just one more thing, Can I buy Wii VC games on the WiiU? Don't understand why those games wouldn't work on the WiiU gamepad?
---
3DS FC = 4656-6629-1731 ---- PSN = Ysonline-4 ---- Steam = PixelEdged
#10Xenesis XenonPosted 7/18/2013 8:55:26 PM
Y S posted...
Thanks for the replies people, Just one more thing, Can I buy Wii VC games on the WiiU? Don't understand why those games wouldn't work on the WiiU gamepad?

You can, the Wii Mode has access to the Wii Shop.

Basically Wii mode turns the Wii U into a Wii for the duration - only things that worked on the Wii work. It's a foolproof compatibility layer with the downside of supporting none of the Wii U's features.

Basically think of stuff like using a Gamecube game in a Wii or a GBA game in an NDS.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.