About Rock Band for Wii and SD card/DLC

#1MOOtodaHOODPosted 7/18/2013 9:05:36 PM
I'd have posted this on one of the Wii Rock Band forums, but they're pretty much dead. Super long story short, when I did the Wii to Wii U data transfer, I wasn't able to move my Rock Band DLC songs onto my Wii U. Plus, when I tried to boot up RB2 on my Wii U just now, I got a message saying that my current SD card wasn't compatible. (It works fine with other Wii data and WiiWare games on my Wii U, just not with Rock Band for some reason.)

My current SD card is a 4GB SDHC SanDisk. Does anyone know of an SD card that *would* work with the Wii version of Rock Band 2 on Wii U? Or maybe I'm overcomplicating this somehow? I'm already pretty peeved at not being able to salvage the DLC, I'm just trying to make do. Thanks in advance.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 7/18/2013 9:10:36 PM
I don't think the DLC is compatible cross platform.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3Thunderbird8Posted 7/18/2013 10:25:34 PM
I don't think Rock Band 2 supports SDHC cards, as it was made before the Wii was updated to support them. You'll need a standard SD card, NOT SDHC or SDXC (and this isn't a simple matter of reformatting the card either, there are differences with the way SD and SDHC cards work).

There's a handful of games that are in this same boat, I know Brawl is one. The main thing here is that since most games don't actually support saving anything to the SD card, the SD/SDHC thing does not affect them (as the only thing that could possibly involve them is launching the games straight from the SD card, in which the Wii copies the data to the system memory and loads it from there).
#4MOOtodaHOOD(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 11:16:06 PM
It'd be a pain in the butt to have to keep swapping sd cards, but I guess that makes sense.

This thread had some interesting info as well:
http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/78808#78808

I'll try some of their advice tomorrow and if not, probably just cave and get another sd card. Thanks for the info though!