Short review of Earthbound for newbies. Released 18/07/2013 Wii U

#1R_O_B_SentryPosted 7/19/2013 6:39:58 AM
Witness one of my favourite games. For those who are not familiar this is the story of that young psychic boy, Ness you may have seen in Super Smash Bros. The boy lives in Onett and a meteorite lands near his home one night... The game opens with a message, ''war against Giygas''... If you've played Mother 1 you'll already know who Giegue / Giygas was (Ninten and friends' story). This game will take you through towns, villages, the land of weird creatures, deserts, floating holy kingdom and jungles and also a place which (you're going to be creeped out). Anyway the story mixes humour in at many points, it's also good at playing on your emotions this way.

You'll be surprised when you see who accompanies the villain in this game, so please play it to the end, the game is an RPG so remember you can tweak the difficulty yourself if you grind or don't grind, if you decide to go for the rare item drops. Ness' friends are Paula, Jeff and Poo who you'll see at the file select screen, these guys will be very unique and important to the story, you will meet them at some point during your adventure... But if you're tired don't forget to return to mum to eat that delicious steak and rest up your lil bro Ness.

Now go download that game, it's probably the best thing on the virtual console right now, it is one of the good Nintendo created RPG's out there along with Paper Mario. It's funny and also disturbing, wait and you'll see why! Bye.
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#2stfn12345Posted 7/19/2013 7:19:53 AM
This isn't a review so much as an unofficial press release. You don't talk at all about the good, the bad, the gameplay, the presentation, the graphics, the replayability, etc.
#3BiZzArR0Posted 7/19/2013 8:03:00 AM(edited)
I would also like to note that if you already played "Mother 1" you're not even in the demographic for VC releases in the first place.
---
PRO TIP: Use your signature to display a witty quote or saying.
#4FFnutPosted 7/19/2013 8:22:36 AM
stfn12345 posted...
This isn't a review so much as an unofficial press release. You don't talk at all about the good, the bad, the gameplay, the presentation, the graphics, the replayability, etc.

This.

BiZzArR0 posted...
I would also like to note that if you already played "Mother 1" you're not even in the demographic for VC releases in the first place.

Also this.
---
And though we deserved not his mercy, he has led us to this new Eden, a last chance for redemption.
#5ChokusetsuPosted 7/19/2013 8:31:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6SpookyryuPosted 7/19/2013 8:48:00 AM
R_O_B_Sentry posted...
Witness one of my favourite games. For those who are not familiar this is the story of that young psychic boy, Ness you may have seen in Super Smash Bros. The boy lives in Onett and a meteorite lands near his home one night... The game opens with a message, ''war against Giygas''... If you've played Mother 1 you'll already know who Giegue / Giygas was (Ninten and friends' story). This game will take you through towns, villages, the land of weird creatures, deserts, floating holy kingdom and jungles and also a place which (you're going to be creeped out). Anyway the story mixes humour in at many points, it's also good at playing on your emotions this way.

You'll be surprised when you see who accompanies the villain in this game, so please play it to the end, the game is an RPG so remember you can tweak the difficulty yourself if you grind or don't grind, if you decide to go for the rare item drops. Ness' friends are Paula, Jeff and Poo who you'll see at the file select screen, these guys will be very unique and important to the story, you will meet them at some point during your adventure... But if you're tired don't forget to return to mum to eat that delicious steak and rest up your lil bro Ness.

Now go download that game, it's probably the best thing on the virtual console right now, it is one of the good Nintendo created RPG's out there along with Paper Mario. It's funny and also disturbing, wait and you'll see why! Bye.

Indeed this one of the best games that has VC along with super metroid,such a good game
#7matthewthemanPosted 7/19/2013 8:55:46 AM
stfn12345 posted...

I can do that:
Good: almost everything, but especially humor and gameplay mechanics
Bad: limited inventory that can get annoying in the beginning and a bit of a slow start
Gameplay: Excellent, especially in regards to battle mechanics, but limited inventory can be a bit of an annoyance, especially early on
Presentation: Not sure what you mean
Graphics: despite what some people say, EB has some of the best 16-bit graphics I've ever seen.
Replayability: While not a game you'll want to replay immediately after beating, it is one of those games you'll get an itching to play again sometime after you last beat it.
---
Official Dunsparce of every message board
3DS FC: 0087-3597-0870
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 7/19/2013 9:02:16 AM
Chokusetsu posted...
BiZzArR0 posted...

What an ignorant statement.
I played a lot of games I purchased on Wii's VC through emulators before. Don't blame us if the companies couldn't even release many good titles that would have, otherwise, not be played by a huge ammount of people, such as Terranigma.

EXCEPTION TO RULE != HE MADE AN IGNORANT STATEMENT.

Woo, you're the pirate with a heart of gold who buys VC titles. You're not the target demographic.
---
I criticize Nintendo because I love her. I want her to stand as a technical example to the world. - Martin Luther King, Jr
#9stfn12345Posted 7/19/2013 1:45:20 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Chokusetsu posted...
BiZzArR0 posted...

What an ignorant statement.
I played a lot of games I purchased on Wii's VC through emulators before. Don't blame us if the companies couldn't even release many good titles that would have, otherwise, not be played by a huge ammount of people, such as Terranigma.

EXCEPTION TO RULE != HE MADE AN IGNORANT STATEMENT.

Woo, you're the pirate with a heart of gold who buys VC titles. You're not the target demographic.

I feel like given the niche status of Earthbound and it's late bloom as a cult classic this actually is the target demographic. Nearly all the Earthbound fans these days first played it on the PC.