Never played earthbound and I remember why now...

#1EvenglarePosted 7/19/2013 3:16:26 PM
So what's the deal with not having a context sensitive action button? At this point in gaming why do you STILL have to go into a menu and then select "talk" or "Check" it's so clunky and frustrating, completely saps the enjoyment out of the game.
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#2MikeachuPosted 7/19/2013 3:18:58 PM
There is. It's the L button.
#3BuretsuPosted 7/19/2013 3:19:17 PM
"At this point in gaming"? You mean 18 years ago, back in 1995?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4Gaawa_chanPosted 7/19/2013 3:20:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD91lWlqmNE ???
---
"Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error." - Linus Pauling
#5Evenglare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 3:20:25 PM
Mikeachu posted...

WTF the L button? Why the hell is it the L button? I would have NEVER thought to use that, ever. What were they thinking?
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#6BuretsuPosted 7/19/2013 3:21:47 PM
Evenglare posted...
Mikeachu posted...

WTF the L button? Why the hell is it the L button? I would have NEVER thought to use that, ever. What were they thinking?

That people would actually read the instruction manual?

This is why we have to have 5-minute-long tutorials for any given button press in modern games...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#7Holy_OblivionPosted 7/19/2013 3:21:48 PM
Evenglare posted...
Mikeachu posted...

you mean you didnt even try every button...?
---
Visit my youtube page for game and anime vlogs, and plenty of other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#8Evenglare(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 3:22:03 PM
Buretsu posted...
"At this point in gaming"? You mean 18 years ago, back in 1995?

Uh yeah, back in 1995 games have come to the point where you go up to a person and press the A button (or whatever other face button on your controller) and they talked to you. See any final fantasy game, or other SNES RPG.
---
#9MikeachuPosted 7/19/2013 3:23:20 PM
Evenglare posted...
Mikeachu posted...

It makes the game playable with only 1 hand. Not the only snes rpg that did this.
#10VyersPosted 7/19/2013 3:23:29 PM
Evenglare: Did you read the manual?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!