Never played earthbound and I remember why now...

#31peinxkonanPosted 7/19/2013 4:28:45 PM
nbean16 posted...
arvilino posted...
S_Brick posted...
Pretty sure you can map VC controls to whatever you like, anyway.

Yep that's true, you can access the menu to change the button mapping just by tapping the touch screen while playing the game.

Next tc complaint: "why the hell do I have to use the touch screen to map controls?! Why can't I just press start? This game is so stupid."

You can press ZR to open up the virtual console menu. It is also possible to assign the start button to the VC menu command.
---
---Doesn't care
#32mjc0961Posted 7/19/2013 4:44:06 PM
Evenglare posted...
So what's the deal with not having a context sensitive action button? At this point in gaming why do you STILL have to go into a menu and then select "talk" or "Check" it's so clunky and frustrating, completely saps the enjoyment out of the game.

I don't know. A game that didn't have one would really suck. Thankfully, Earthbound isn't like that. Just push L (and you can remap the controls however you want by touching the gamepad screen BTW) and boom, there you go.

Seriously man, I never played it before either and I found it within minutes. The first thing anyone intelligent does when playing a new game is reading the manual. Failing that, they at least try all of the buttons. You apparently did neither.

Basically, you're the reason why people say "go back to Call of Duty" or any other game that holds your hand constantly. Couldn't even push all of the buttons before whining about the controls, really?!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#33cavebear56Posted 7/19/2013 4:53:41 PM
mjc0961 posted...
Evenglare posted...
So what's the deal with not having a context sensitive action button? At this point in gaming why do you STILL have to go into a menu and then select "talk" or "Check" it's so clunky and frustrating, completely saps the enjoyment out of the game.

I don't know. A game that didn't have one would really suck. Thankfully, Earthbound isn't like that. Just push L (and you can remap the controls however you want by touching the gamepad screen BTW) and boom, there you go.

Seriously man, I never played it before either and I found it within minutes. The first thing anyone intelligent does when playing a new game is reading the manual. Failing that, they at least try all of the buttons. You apparently did neither.

Basically, you're the reason why people say "go back to Call of Duty" or any other game that holds your hand constantly. Couldn't even push all of the buttons before whining about the controls, really?!

This.

Well said.

TC just needs to admit he/she was wrong and failed to do some basic things like actually read try the game before raging.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#34SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/19/2013 4:58:43 PM
mjc0961 posted...

That's what my 12yo nephew does when a game shows any sort of difficulty ;)
#35nbean16Posted 7/20/2013 3:02:29 PM
peinxkonan posted...
nbean16 posted...
arvilino posted...
S_Brick posted...
Pretty sure you can map VC controls to whatever you like, anyway.

Yep that's true, you can access the menu to change the button mapping just by tapping the touch screen while playing the game.

Next tc complaint: "why the hell do I have to use the touch screen to map controls?! Why can't I just press start? This game is so stupid."

You can press ZR to open up the virtual console menu. It is also possible to assign the start button to the VC menu command.

Zr! Who the hell wants to use that stupid button?! Then I'm gonna have to touch a bunch of other stupid buttons to change it. Worst game ever!
#36xoftheuniversePosted 7/20/2013 3:46:54 PM
This topic is now about food items. I took this hamburger out of the trash next to the Onett Burger Shop, and it had a bite out of it and smelled odd but it recovered my HP. Thoughts?
---
The following terms are used by the people they describe: fanboy, noob, kiddy.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#37TriforceBunPosted 7/20/2013 3:52:47 PM
xoftheuniverse posted...
This topic is now about food items. I took this hamburger out of the trash next to the Onett Burger Shop, and it had a bite out of it and smelled odd but it recovered my HP. Thoughts?

I once put a Tin of Cocoa on a Bread Roll.

It wasn't terrible.
---
My Kirby/Smash comics: www.brawlinthefamily.com
Mother 3 = Game of the Year 2006
#38ZBug_Posted 7/20/2013 4:19:26 PM(edited)
Evenglare posted...
So I should just accept crappy control schemes? Alright. Why not, everyone else seems to. I forgot this is the internet where I can't have my own opinion. This topic sure does reek of "STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE!!!!"
Carry on.

Well what do you expect? Even if theoretically everyone agreed with you, it wouldn't magically change the control scheme. There's nothing you, or anyone else here can do about it. So yes, you'll have to accept the control scheme.

Unless you want to start a petition to get the control scheme changed. Petitions are all the rage lately.

Edit: Wow, I completely forgot you can remap VC controls.
Your argument is now not only 100% invalid.
But you are also ******* ******** for not looking for a solution before complaining.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#39dark trunksPosted 7/20/2013 4:21:34 PM
I only read to page 2, so I don't know if anyone suggested this, but why don't you just change the damn controls if you're that bothered by it?

Press the right trigger, go to the control options and switch L to A and A to L.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#40Mattrules64Posted 7/20/2013 4:23:32 PM
Evenglare posted...
So I should just accept crappy control schemes? Alright. Why not, everyone else seems to. I forgot this is the internet where I can't have my own opinion. This topic sure does reek of "STOP HATING WHAT I LIKE!!!!"
Carry on.

Just press the L button it's really not that hard... wimp