I paid $25 for A Link to the Paste and $25 for Final Fantasy 1/2

#31Ryan SiPosted 7/20/2013 11:46:10 PM
There's a difference between paying a premium for a new game...and one that is 20 years old and available in multiple other places. I paid $70 for some N64 games back in the day, but would I pay that for those games now....? No....
---
Fav. Games of Generation: Portal 2 (PC), Xenoblade (Wii), 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
#32Faceman_Posted 7/21/2013 12:05:15 AM
IRELANDforever posted...
STN79 posted...
Most of my Nes and Snes cartridges were 50 to 60 dollars each. These kids today whine about 10 bucks like it's highway robbery. I wish i could have gotten all those games back in the day for a lousy 10 bucks.

Yeah that's fine. But guess what? It's not back in the day anymore. It's right now...MANY years later so your statement is irrelevant.

This and all NES, SNES, N64 "roms" should be no more than $3 and that's pushing it seeing as how readily and easily available they are in a million other places.

So, because they are older you think you're entitled to get the games for next to nothing?

Come be my personal maid to my apartment and work for free. Then, I'll agree that you're entitled to free games. Hypocrites.
#33Squished_MarioPosted 7/21/2013 1:25:48 AM
Hey guys! I'm cool because I'm on the internet!
---
lolhacked
#34STN79Posted 7/21/2013 2:13:04 AM
@ IRELANDforever

Nes, Snes and N64 games for no more than 3 dollars? Are you outta your friggin mind? We're not talking about a box of cracker jacks here. Have you no concept of worth or value for money spent? Just because they are widely available illegally doesn't mean you should get them for next to nothing. I'm betting you weren't even alive when these systems were out.
#35kingrat2314Posted 7/21/2013 2:26:25 AM
TroutPaste posted...
Actually it was unintentional

This board is as passive aggressive as 2006 NGG

Face it, you've got paste on the mind.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.
#36SolisPosted 7/21/2013 3:09:30 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
Who are we to decide the pricing of these games?

Consumers.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#37STN79Posted 7/21/2013 11:10:56 AM
Several minds greater than our own came together to make these games. They spent many long hours and went through lots of hard work to make them a reality. How many things have you made that people will pay to enjoy? If money is that tight this hobby isn't for you.
#38jackorhoadsPosted 7/21/2013 12:07:19 PM
STN79 posted...
Most of my Nes and Snes cartridges were 50 to 60 dollars each. These kids today whine about 10 bucks like it's highway robbery. I wish i could have gotten all those games back in the day for a lousy 10 bucks.

Ironically most of the "kids" don't even know the true value of money anyway.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#39gnomelord255Posted 7/21/2013 12:32:58 PM
I'd play Link to the Paste. Think about the premise.

You play as the young Tomato, the dormant protector of the Pastaverse. Your twin sister who you don't actually know is your sister until later on, Chicken Breast, is trapped in her castle under the evil warlock Dr. Mozzarella. Tomato rescues her, and under the instruction of the Three Spices - Basil, Oregano, and "Pizza" - Tomato must collect the Three Meatballs to acquire the legendary Spaghetti Sword.

You then go onto confront the dastardly Dr. Mozzarella, melt him using the Arrow of Oven, and you, the player, get to taste Italy's greatest gift to humanity: chicken cacciatore.
#40dmaster342Posted 7/21/2013 2:09:52 PM
So A Link to the Paste should have TOTALLY been the new sequel name rather than A Link Between Worlds.

Because you get "pasted" to the walls. lol
---
3DS FC: 3523-2057-7150 PM me if you added me!