Ubisoft seems to be missing the point here...

#1fhsfootball74Posted 7/20/2013 2:19:07 PM
They're talking about how Wii U was only 3% of their sales the last 3 months, but I must ask what was the last game released by them on Wii U? They haven't released a single Wii U game in 7 months, what do they expect? So far they've released AC III (a port) ZombiU (exclusive but received mixed reviews) Just Dance 4 (cheap cash grab).

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/07/ubisoft-wii-u-sales/
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#2fissionprimerPosted 7/20/2013 2:26:58 PM
Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games made of it's time, developed exclusively for Gamecube.

The sales weren't enough for what the game was so a year later it was launched on Ps2.

Your point?
---
I'm handsome too ;)
#3fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 2:27:48 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games made of it's time, developed exclusively for Gamecube.

The sales weren't enough for what the game was so a year later it was launched on Ps2.

Your point?

My point is how can they expect for huge Wii U numbers if they don't release new games on it?
---
#4nonexistingheroPosted 7/20/2013 2:29:06 PM
They're not missing the point, because it's their sole point to take stabs at Nintendo.

Ubisoft did exactly the same with the Wii. First praise it and say they support it a lot. Then it turns out they were just making quick cashgrabs. Then they blamed the Wii/Nintendo for low sales.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#5fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 2:30:50 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
They're not missing the point, because it's their sole point to take stabs at Nintendo.

Ubisoft did exactly the same with the Wii. First praise it and say they support it a lot. Then it turns out they were just making quick cashgrabs. Then they blamed the Wii/Nintendo for low sales.

This is true
---
#6squatch22Posted 7/20/2013 2:34:25 PM
Also their Rayman delay annoyed a lot of potential buyers.
---
SMASH BROS 4 PREORDERED AND PROUD OF IT.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#7uberking422Posted 7/20/2013 2:38:03 PM

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Rayman Legends would have sold pretty well, even as a timed exclusive. People were starving for games back in February, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least a third of the people who owned a Wii U bought it. Considering Legends is relatively inexpensive in terms of development costs, a million sales is a pretty solid turnout.
#8fhsfootball74(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 2:40:05 PM
uberking422 posted...

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Rayman Legends would have sold pretty well, even as a timed exclusive. People were starving for games back in February, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if at least a third of the people who owned a Wii U bought it. Considering Legends is relatively inexpensive in terms of development costs, a million sales is a pretty solid turnout.

Now it is destined to get lost in the 1st party shuffle.
---
#9nonexistingheroPosted 7/20/2013 2:51:07 PM(edited)
uberking422 posted...

Yeah. Rayman Legends would've been a guaranteed 500k sales by now, at least 1-2 million lifetime. Even as a multiplatform. But with the huge delay to make it multiplatform... not necessarily making it multiplatform, got them a whole lot of negative press. There's a whole lot less peopole who want to buy the game on the Wii U, on top of the gaming coming out in a period when there's big 1st party hitters. It'll be lucky to hit 500k lifetime on the Wii U now.

And this wasn't even hard to predict. It seems like Ubisoft did it on purpose, so that they can take some more stabs at the Wii U or something.

It's not that Nintendo is never a jerk though. If they weren't, then they would've given The Wonderful 101 some more exposure and marketing and they wouldn't launch it right next to GTAV.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 7/20/2013 3:01:05 PM
squatch22 posted...
Also their Rayman delay annoyed a lot of potential buyers.

I never thought it was smart to make Rayman Legends a Wii U exclusive anyway. It's a shame that it took ZombiU selling poorly for them to realize it themselves.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue